Ms. Lynda T. Rutledge, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Program Executive Officer and Director for the Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Ms. Rutledge directs one of AFMC’s largest material systems directorates with over 1,600 military, civilian, and contractor personnel charged with executing an annual budget in excess of $5.1 billion.
The ACS Directorate consists of seven divisions: AFMETCAL, Automatic Test Systems, Electronic Warfare and Avionics, Acquisition Environmental and Industrial Engineering, Human Systems, Simulator Systems, and Support Equipment and Vehicles. She is responsible for program execution to develop, acquire, field, and modernize capabilities; and support for life-cycle management as well as the horizontal integration of material solutions to address Air Force military operational requirements.
Ms. Rutledge began her career with the Air Force in 1989 and has served in multiple acquisition, staff and career broadening assignments during her air force career.
1986 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Florida, Gainesville
1991 Master of Science, Systems Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville
2007 Executive Program Manager’s Course, Defense Acquisition University, Ft Belvoir, Va.
2009 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. May 1989 – August 1993, Mathematician, Test and Analysis Directorate, Freeman Computer Sciences Center, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2. August 1993 – August 1995, Analyst, Test and Analysis Directorate, Freeman Computer Sciences Center, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
3. August 1995 – February 1997, Systems Engineer, Joint Air to Surface Standoff Missile System Program Office, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
4. February 1997 – March 2002, Program Manager, Miniaturized Munitions Capability/Small Diameter Bomb Program, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
5. March 2002 – July 2003, Director, Acquisition Center of Excellence, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
6. July 2003 – December 2003, Deputy Director, Precision Strike Systems Program Office, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
7. December 2003 – August 2005, Chief, Technology Transition and Concept Development, Capabilities Integration Directorate, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
8. August 2005 – June 2009, Director, 708th Armament Systems Group, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
9. July 2009 – June 2012, Chief, Acquisition Support Division, Resources and Assessments (J8), U.S. Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
10. July 2012 – March 2015, Deputy Director, Fighters and Bombers Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
11. March 2015 – present, Program Executive Officer and Director for Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Program Management-Level III
Science & Engineering, Test & Evaluation-Level II
Business Cost Estimating & Financial Management-Level II
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2003 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition Leadership Award, Civilian System Program Director
2007 Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition Leadership Award, Civilian System Program Director
2007 Air Force Association Management Award, Executive Division
2009 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2009 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2010 Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2012 Joint Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2015 DoD Distinguished Civilian Service Award
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
2005-2009 National Defense Industrial Association, Vice President, Gulf Coast Chapter
(Current as of March 2016)