Brig. Gen. Scott D. Chambers is the Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Force District of Washington, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
General Chambers entered the Air Force in 1984 through Officer Training School. He has served in a variety of logistics positions in numerous Air Force commands and on the Joint Staff. The general is a graduate of the Air Force Fellows Program with the RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, Calif. His commands include two supply squadrons, a mission support group and the 75th Air Base Wing at Hill AFB, Utah. He has also served as Associate Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations, Logistics and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Commander, Defense Supply Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, California State University, Northridge
1986 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 Master of Science degree in public administration, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1995 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Air War College, by seminar
2000 Air Force Fellows Program, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, Calif.
2006 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Gettysburg College, Pa.
2008 Business Acumen Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. January 1984 - December 1986, Chief, Fuels Management Branch, 314th Tactical Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
2. December 1986 - December 1987, Chief, Fuels Management Branch, 8th Tactical Fight Wing, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
3. December 1987 - January 1991, Chief, Fuels Requirements Branch, and executive officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
4. January 1991 - August 1993, Air Force Career Broadening Program, San Antonio Air Logistics Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. August 1993 - August 1995, Chief, Combat Operations Support Flight, and maintenance supervisor, 12th Flying Training Wing, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. August 1995 - July 1996, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 1996 - July 1998, Commander, 35th Supply Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
8. July 1998 - July 2000, Commander, 99th Supply Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. July 2000 - August 2001, Air Force Fellow, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, Calif.
10. August 2001 - June 2003, action officer, Logistics Directorate (J4), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 31st Mission Support Group, Aviano AB, Italy
12. July 2005 - February 2006, Vice Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
13. February 2006 - January 2008, Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
14. January 2008 - September 2009, Associate Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations, Logistics and Mission Support (A4/7), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. October 2009 - February 2011, Commander, Defense Supply Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
16. February 2011- present, Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Force District of Washington, Andrews AFB, Md.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2001 - June 2003, action officer, Logistics Directorate (J4), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
2. October 2009 - February 2011, Commander, Defense Supply Center, Philadelphia, Pa., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
"Why Loggies Care About Purchasing," Air Force Journal of Logistics, 2001
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Logistics Officer Association
National Defense Transportation Association
Air Force Association
National Petroleum Management Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 13, 1984
First Lieutenant Jan. 1, 1986
Captain Jan. 1, 1988
Major Nov. 1, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 1998
Colonel June 1, 2003
Brigadier General June 19, 2009
(Current as of February 2011)