Selected for reassignment as Commander, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
Brig. Gen. Matthew H. Molloy is the Deputy Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. The Directorate of Operations provides strategic guidance to plan and execute U.S. Northern Command missions, including land, maritime, and homeland defense air operations, as well as ballistic missile defense, information operations, nuclear command and control, and defense support of civil authorities.
General Molloy was commissioned in 1987 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Colorado, Boulder, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace engineering. He completed Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training in 1989 and is a command pilot with more than 3,200 flying hours in the F-15 and F-22. He has commanded at the flight, squadron, group and wing levels.
1987 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Fighter Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1998 Master of Science degree in aeronautical science technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1999 Master’s degree in military operational art and science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Master’s degree in airpower art and science, School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2005 Distinguished graduate, Master of Science degree in national security strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. January 1988 - February 1989, student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. April 1989 - December 1989, student pilot, Holloman AFB, N.M., and Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. December 1989 - March 1992, F-15 flight lead and squadron training officer, 9th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
4. May 1992 - July 1994, F-15 instructor pilot and flight evaluator, 57th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland
5. August 1994 - August 1998, F-15 instructor pilot and weapons officer, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. August 1998 - June 1999, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 1999 - June 2000, student, School for Advanced Air power Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. October 2000 - June 2004, Chief of Wing Safety; Director of Operations, 44th Fighter Squadron; and Commander, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
9. August 2004 - June 2005, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C. 10. June 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 325th Operations Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
11. June 2007 - May 2009, Commander, Joint Warfare Analysis Center, Dahlgren, Va.
12. May 2009 - May 2011, Commander, 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. June 2011 - May 2013, Commander, 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Japan
14. June 2013 - present, Deputy Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-15 A/B/C/D and F-22
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Kuwait Liberation Medal (government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 16, 1987
First Lieutenant Sept. 16, 1989
Captain Sept. 16, 1991
Major Sept. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2000
Colonel Aug. 1, 2005
Brigadier General June 3, 2011
(Current as of January 2015)