| KENNETH A. WILLIAMS JR.|
Mr. Kenneth A. Williams Jr., a Defense Intelligence senior-level executive, is the Senior Program and Technical Adviser, Headquarters Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. The agency is aligned under the Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance as a field operating agency. Mr. Williams functions as the Director of Staff and advises the Commander, Vice Commander and Executive Director on a broad range of operational issues affecting the AFISR Agency. His office develops plans, policies, and directives to affect smooth interface with subordinate and associate units. The Director of Staff coordinates staff functions and activities for the 17,000-plus military and civilian agency personnel to ensure objectives are attained. The office reviews and approves all staff proposals, ensuring consistency with command policies, objectives and requirements. Mr. Williams leads more than 60 people who provide executive and special staff services for the agency and support to four general officer-level positions.
Mr. Williams served in the Air Force from 1973 until he retired in 2003. While on active duty, he completed a variety of assignments as an intelligence officer in Germany; San Antonio, Texas; MacDill AFB in Tampa, Fla.; the National Security Agency, at Fort George G. Meade, Md.; and as a commander at a field unit in Hawaii.
Mr. Williams entered civil service in 2003 as Chief, Force Development Division, within the agency's Directorate of Personnel. He has served in enlisted, officer and senior civilian positions.
1978 Associate of Arts degree, Community College of the Air Force
1980 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and management, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
1985 Master of Science degree in public administration, Troy State University, Ala.
1984 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1998 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Intelligence Community Officer Course, Washington, D.C.
2007 Strategic Leadership, Western Management Development Center, Aurora, Colo.
2010 Executive Development Seminar-Leading Change, Western Management Development Center, Aurora, Colo.
1. July 1973 - December 1973, student, Radio Communications Analysis Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2. January 1974 - February 1976, communications analyst, 6970th Air Base Group, U.S. Air Force Security Service, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
3. February 1976 - May 1977, communications analyst, 6917th Electronic Security Squadron, USAFSS, San Vito dei Normanni Air Station, Italy
4. May 1977 - June 1978, plans and programs noncommissioned office, Air Force Electronic Warfare Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. June 1978 - April 1980, emergency actions NCO, Headquarters Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
6. April l980 - July 1980, student, Officer Training School, Medina Annex, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. July 1980 - September 1980, student, Administrative and Executive Support Officer School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
8. August 1980 - June 1982, command post duty officer, 1st Tactical Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
9. June 1982 - December 1982, student, Signals Intelligence Officer School, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
10. December 1982 - June 1985, Chief of Operations and Training, Director of Operations, Chief of Readiness and Mobility, 6918th Electronic Security Squadron, Sembach Air Base, West Germany
11. June 1985 - August 1986, Electronic Security Command liaison officer to Headquarters 17th Air Force, Sembach AB, West Germany
12. August 1986 - July 1988, Intelligence Operations Inspector, Office of the Inspector General, Headquarters ESC, Kelly AFB, Texas
13. July 1988 - June 1992, assignments officer, Intelligence Officer Career Fields (Palace Sentinel), Headquarters Air Force Military Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
14. June 1992 - August 1996, Air Force Signals Intelligence Collection Manager, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
15. August 1996 - July 1998, assistant Inspector General, Office of the Inspector General, National Security Agency; Commander, 91st Intelligence Squadron; and Vice Commander, 694th Intelligence Group, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
16. July 1998 - July 2000, Commander, 324th Intelligence Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
17. July 2000 - December 2001, Chief, Current Operations Division, Headquarters Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
18. December 2001 - April 2002, Deputy Chief, Joint Intelligence Center, Joint Task Force Southwest Asia, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia
19. April 2002 - November 2003, Chief, Current Operations Division, Headquarters AIA, Lackland AFB, Texas
20. November 2003 - January 2006, Chief, Force Development Division, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters AIA, Lackland AFB, Texas
21. January 2006 - May 2007, Director of Staff, Headquarters AIA, Lackland AFB, Texas
22. May 2007 - January 2008, Director of Staff, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
23. January 2008 - present, Senior Program and Technical Adviser, Headquarters Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2004 and 2005 Civilian of the Year, Senior Category, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters AIA
2004 and 2005 Nominee for the Gordon W. Sommers Award. Senior Civilian Category
2011 Harvard Kennedy School of Executive Education, Boston, Mass.
(Current as of November 2011)