|BRIGADIER GENERAL EDWARD F. RODRIGUEZ JR.|
Retired April 1, 1999.
Brig. Gen. Edward F. Rodriguez Jr. is mobilization assistant to the Deputy Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He assists the MA to the Judge Advocate General on Reserve programs and matters; works closely to ensure wartime readiness of all Air Reserve component judge advocates and paralegals by developing and implementing plans and policies for recruitment, accession, retention and professional development; and serves as a member of the Reserve Policy Conference and Reserve Council. He also serves on the advisory group of the Air Force Judge Advocate General School.
General Rodriguez received his commission in 1966 as a distinguished graduate of the Georgetown University Reserve Officer Training Corps program. He entered active duty in 1970 after attending law school and serving as a clerk to a federal judge. During his four years on active duty, he was an assistant staff judge advocate in Michigan and South Vietnam.
In his civilian capacity, he is vice president, secretary and general counsel of a non-profit systems engineering company.
1966 Bachelor of Science degree in foreign service, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
1969 Juris Doctor degree, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
1989 Air War College, by seminar
1. July 1970 - August 1971, assistant staff judge advocate, 4708th Air Base Group, Selfridge Air Force Base, Mich.
2. August 1971 - August 1972, assistant staff judge advocate, 377th Combat Support Group, Tan Son Nhut Air Base, Republic of Vietnam
3. August 1972 - July 1974, circuit trial counsel, First Circuit, Eastern U.S. Air Force Judiciary Region, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
4. July 1974 - September 1974, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver, Colo.
5. October 1974 - August 1978, associate appellate government counsel, Government Appellate Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. August 1978 - May 1982, legal staff officer, General Litigation Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. May 1982 - October 1986, associate appellate defense counsel, Defense Services Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. October 1986 - September 1987, trial attorney, General Litigation Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. September 1987 - December 1988, assistant staff judge advocate, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
10. December 1988 - August 1989, assistant staff judge advocate (individual mobilization augmentee to the executive to the Judge Advocate General), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. August 1989 - May 1991, Director, Headquarters U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate Individual Mobilization Augmentee Group, Washington, D.C.
12. May 1991 - May 1992, senior Reserve adviser to the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters 9th Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
13. May 1992 - March 1993, senior individual mobilization augmentee to Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
14. March 1993 - February 1994, senior individual mobilization augmentee to the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
15. February 1994 - April 1997, mobilization assistant to the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
16. April 1997 - present, mobilization assistant to the Deputy Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Vietnam Service Medal with three bronze stars
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
President, Air Force Judge Advocate General Vietnam Veterans Bar Association
Former president, Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity
Board of Trustees, Judge Advocate General School Foundation
Executive Board, National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 6, 1966
First Lieutenant June 8, 1969
Captain July 15, 1970
Major June 6, 1980
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 16, 1985
Colonel July 1, 1989
Brigadier General April 3, 1995
(Current as of January 1999)