|BRIGADIER GENERAL GINA M. GROSSO|
Brig. Gen. Gina M. Grosso is the Director of Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She is responsible for establishing force management policies for more than 675,000 Air Force military and civilian personnel. These policies guide the accession, assignment, evaluation, skills analysis and management, promotion, readiness, retraining, separation and retirement of the Air Force's human capital. Her office also oversees aspects of total force management to include contingency, mobilization, training management, and rated force policy.
General Grosso entered the Air Force in 1986 as a Reserve Officer Training Corps distinguished graduate from Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa. She has held several command and staff positions throughout her career. As a staff officer, she served as an operations analyst, personnel programs analyst, Air Staff and Office of the Secretary of Defense action officer, Major Command Director of Manpower and Personnel, and Director of the Air Force Colonel Management Office. Her command tours include a Headquarters Squadron Section, Military Personnel Flight, Mission Support Squadron, command of the Air Force's sole Basic Military Training Group, and as Joint Base and 87th Air Base Wing commander at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ.
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in applied mathematics and industrial management, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
1992 Masters Degree in business administration, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va.
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Seminar
1999 Masters Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
2000 Air War College, Seminar
2004 Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
1. October 1986 - October 1988, Operations Analyst, followed by Commander, Headquarters Squadron Section, 554th Range Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2. November 1988 - April 1992, Personnel Programs and Force Programs Analyst, Deputy Chief of Staff, Personnel, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
3. May 1992 - May 1993, Executive Officer, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
4. May 1993 - July 1993, Student, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. August 1993 - May 1995, Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 6th Mission Support Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
6. June 1995 - January 1997, Chief, Personnel Policy, followed by Deputy Chief, Support Division, Air Force Colonel Matters Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. January 1997 - July 1998, Member, Chief of Staff of the Air Force Operations Group, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
8. July 1998 - July 1999, Student, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
9. July 1999 - July 2001, Commander, 51st Mission Support Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
10. July 2001 - May 2002, Assistant Director, Enlisted Plans and Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. May 2002 - July 2003, Military Assistant, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
12. July 2003 - July 2004, Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
13. July 2004 - July 2006, Commander, 737th Training Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
14. July 2006 - July 2007, Director, Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
15. July 2007 - March 2009, Director, Air Force Colonels Management Office, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. March 2009 - June 2011, Commander, Joint Base and 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
17. June 2011 - 6 Aug 2012, Director, Manpower, Organization and Resources, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
18. 6 Aug 2012 - Present, Director, Force Management Policy, the Pentagon,
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2001 - May 2002, Assistant Director, Enlisted Plans and Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
2. May 2002 - July 2003, Military Assistant, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy, Pentagon, Washington D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
3. March 2009 - June 2010, Commander, Joint Base and 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J., as a colonel and brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Tactical Air Command, Deputy Chief of Staff, Personnel, 1990 CGO of the Year
Tactical Air Command, 1991 Junior Personnel Manager of the Year
Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, 1993
6th Air Base Wing Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, Junior Officer Category for 1995
Headquarters Air Force, Senior Personnel Manager of the Year for 1996
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 2, 1986
First Lieutenant July 17, 1988
Captain July 17, 1990
Major Aug. 1, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1999
Colonel Aug. 1, 2003
Brigadier General April 1, 2011
(Current as of August 2012)