|BRIGADIER GENERAL RONALD D. YAGGI|
Retired June 1, 2005.
Brig. Gen. Ronald D. Yaggi is Director, Regional Affairs, Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for International Affairs; Air Force member, Delegation to Inter-American Defense Board; and Air Force member, Joint Mexico-U.S. Defense Commission, Arlington, Va. Prior to this assignment, the general was Assistant to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
General Yaggi is from Mount Vernon, Ind. He was commissioned a second lieutenant after graduating from The Citadel in 1977. He has served in a variety of intelligence assignments, from unit level in special operations, to major command headquarters with Tactical Air Command, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Pacific Air Forces. He also worked on the Conventional Armed Forces in Europe Treaty negotiations, and as an air intelligence squadron commander in Korea. After Korea, General Yaggi was assigned to the Air Staff, then went to the 17th Training Group, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas, as Commander. After this assignment, the general worked at Headquarters Pacific Air Forces at Hickam AFB, Hawaii, where he served as the Director of Intelligence before being assigned to the OSD.
General Yaggi has also been assigned to the under secretary's office as an adviser for Operation Enduring Freedom.
1977 Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
1980 Master's degree in international relations, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1982 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1985 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1989 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1993 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1977 - April 1978, student, Air Intelligence Officer Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
2. May 1978 - July 1981, Chief, Exercise Plans and Mobility Branch, Research and Aircrew Training Branch, and 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. August 1981 - June 1985, Chief, World Branch, Threat Employment Division, and Special Assistant to the Director of Operations Intelligence, Tactical Air Command Operations Staff, Langley AFB, Va.
4. June 1985 - July 1988, Chief, Current Intelligence and Productions Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, West Germany
5. August 1988 - January 1989, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
6. February 1989 - July 1992, political-military planner, Conventional Armed Forces in Europe Negotiations Branch, Directorate of Plans and Policy, Washington, D.C., and Joint Staff representative to CFE negotiations, Vienna, Austria
7. August 1992 - June 1993, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 1993 - July 1994, Commander, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
9. August 1994 - May 1995, Director of Operations Applications, 497th Intelligence Group, Air Intelligence Agency, Falls Church, Va.
10. June 1995 - February 1996, Chief, Special Programs Division, and Assistant Chief of Staff, Intelligence, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. March 1996 - August 1997, Commander, 17th Training Group, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
12. August 1997 - March 1999, Director of Intelligence, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
13. March 1999 - September 2001, senior military assistant to the Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
14. September 2001 - June 2003, assistant to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2003 - present, Director, Regional Affairs, Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for International Affairs; Air Force member, Delegation to Inter-American Defense Board; and Air Force member, Joint Mexico-U.S. Defense Commission, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 22, 1977
First Lieutenant Nov. 5, 1979
Captain Nov. 5, 1981
Major May 1, 1986
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1991
Colonel Feb. 1, 1995
Brigadier General April 1, 2002
(Current as of June 2003)