Engage

YouTube Flickr Blog RSS Instagram

Quality Force Review Board results released

WASHINGTON (AFNS) --

Air Force commanders will notify Airmen who met the service’s Quality Force Review Board last month of the board’s results June 5.

 

The QFRB reviewed more than 4,600 Airmen using a “whole person” concept based on each Airman’s record of performance and potential for continued positive service and determined that 77 percent of the Airmen who met the board would not be retained.

 

“These Airmen were considered through a standard board process, which has proven over time to be fair and equitable,” said Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James Cody. “Force reductions will always be a very difficult and emotional process, but we’ve worked hard to make it as fair as possible for everyone considered.”

 

The QFRB is one of several force management programs the Air Force has instituted to meet its end-strength requirements for fiscal year 2015.

 

Airmen who were selected for involuntary separation will receive transitional benefits including 180 days of medical care for themselves and family members, two years of commissary and base exchange privileges and relocation to their home of selection or record. They will also retain their post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits for themselves or their dependents if the benefits have been transferred, however Airmen cannot transfer this benefit to their dependents after being notified of the board’s results.

 

Retirement-eligible Airmen who were not selected for retention by the board will receive their normal retirement benefits, or adjusted benefits for early retirements if applicable. All Airmen will attend the Transition Assistance Program at their home station or may seek to attend at an alternate location.

 

“We will do everything we can to help those separating from the Air Force do so as smoothly as possible,” Cody said.

(Courtesy Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs)

comments powered by Disqus