|BRIGADIER GENERAL EDWARD F. CROWELL|
Retired Feb. 5, 2009.
Brig. Gen. Edward F. Crowell is mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
General Crowell entered the Air Force in 1974 following graduation from Officer Training School. After completion of specialized training, he was assigned to the 908th Tactical Airlift Group and, later, the 908th Airlift Wing at Maxwell AFB. He served as social actions officer; Chief, Social Actions; logistics officer; and supply officer. His commands include mobility support and aerial port squadrons. He has also served as Director of Aerial Port Operations and Inspector General for a numbered air force.
As a civilian, he is employed by a major defense contractor (computer manufacturer) as a senior vice president.
1971 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and economics, Alabama State University
1983 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1993 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Business Administration degree, Troy State University
1. March 1974 - May 1975, social actions officer, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. June 1975 - June 1978, Chief, Social Actions, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. July, 1978 - October 1981, Chief ,Transportation, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. November 1981 - June 1989, Commander, 908th Mobility Support Flight, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. July 1989 - March 1992, Chief of Supply, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. April 1992 - June 1998, Commander, 25th Aerial Port Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 1998 - April 2001, Director, Aerial Port Operations, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
8. May 2001 - January 2002, Inspector General, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
9. January 2002 - April 2005, mobilization assistant to the Commander, 2nd Air Force, Keesler AFB, Miss.
10. April 2005 - present, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
1985 Responsible Citizen of the Year, Blount International
1986 Golden Rule Award Recipient, J.C. Penney
1988 Special Recognition by Montgomery Area United Way for community support
1990 Recognized for successful air drops with unusually heavy loads without a mishap
1996 Olympic Torch Bearer
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 23, 1974
First Lieutenant March 1, 1976
Captain Oct. 26, 1979
Major May 31, 1984
Lieutenant Colonel June 18, 1993
Colonel June 1, 1998
Brigadier General June 30, 2004
(Current as of June 2005)