|MAJOR GENERAL JON R. SHASTEEN|
Maj. Gen. Jon R. Shasteen is the mobilization assistant to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. The command consists of three numbered air forces located throughout the Pacific with responsibilities for Air Force activities spread over half the globe. The command supports 45,000 Air Force people, active, Air Guard and Air Force Reserve, servicing principally in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Japan and South Korea.
General Shasteen is an honor graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy class of 1977. A Guggenheim Fellow, he completed a Master of Science degree in engineering mechanics at Columbia University. He has served in various operational and training assignments including duty as an F-4 and F-16 instructor pilot, F-16 weapons school instructor pilot and squadron assistant operations officer. He has commanded a fighter squadron and an air expeditionary group. A command pilot, he has more than 3,900 flying hours in the F-4D/E and F-16A/C, including 21 combat missions.
1977 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering mechanics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1977 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1978 Master of Science degree in engineering mechanics, Columbia University, New York, N.Y.
1984 USAF F-16 Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1990 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2000 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Senior Joint Information Operations Applications Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2009 Combined Force Air Component Commander Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Program for Senior Executives in National and International Security, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2011 Program for Senior Managers in Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2013 Program for U.S. South Asia Leader Engagement, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. May 1978 - April 1979, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. September 1979 - April 1980, student, F-4E Replacement Training Unit, Homestead AFB, Fla.
3. April 1980 - April 1981, F-4E pilot, 36th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
4. October 1981 - October 1982, F-16A pilot, 35th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
5. November 1982 - November 1985, F-16A instructor, weapons and tactics officer, 56th Tactical Fighter Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
6. November 1985 - July 1987, F-16A instructor, USAF Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. August 1987 - April 1989, F-4D instructor, weapons and tactics officer, 93rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Homestead AFB, Fla.
8. May 1989 - December 1995, F-16A instructor, flight examiner, weapons and tactics officer, and flight commander, 93rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Homestead AFB, Fla.
9. December 1995 - October 1997, F-16C instructor and assistant operations officer, 93rd Fighter Squadron, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla.
10. October 1997 - March 2000, Commander, 93rd Fighter Squadron, Homestead ARB, Fla.
11. March 2000 - September 2000, special assistant to the Commander, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
12. September 2000 - March 2004, Vice Commander, 482nd Fighter Wing, Homestead ARB, Fla.
13. February 2003 - May 2003, Commander, 438th Air Expeditionary Group, Southwest Asia
14. April 2004 - January 2006, mobilization assistant to the Commander, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. January 2006 - May 2008, mobilization assistant to the Director, Air and Space Operations, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
16. June 2008 - August 2008, Director, Air and Space Operations, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
17. September 2008 - February 2010, mobilization assistant to the Commander, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
18. March 2010 - present, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot
Military: 3,900 hours in F-4D/E and F-16A/C, including 75 combat hours
Civilian: 16,000 hours in B-727, B-737, B-757 and B-767
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with "M" device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1977
First Lieutenant June 1, 1979
Captain June 1, 1981
Major June 1, 1991
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 16, 1997
Colonel Feb. 27, 2002
Brigadier General Feb. 10, 2007
Major General Feb. 2, 2010
(Current as of April 2013)