|BRIGADIER GENERAL ROBERT W. MARCOTT|
Retired Dec. 26, 2006.
Brig. Gen. Robert W. Marcott is the mobilization assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Security Assistance, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
General Marcott is a distinguished graduate of the Reserve Officer Training Corp program, San Jose State University. He served on active duty as a C-141 aircraft commander. In his civilian occupation, he is employed by a major airline. He has more than 26,000 flying hours.
1972 Bachelor of Science degree in aircraft operation, San Jose State University, Calif.
1993 Air Command and Staff College
1995 Reserve National Defense Course
1995 Air War College
1996 Master's degree in aeronautical sciences, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
1. June 1972 - July 1973, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese AFB, Texas
2. July 1973 - November 1976, C-141 pilot, 15th Military Airlift Squadron, Norton AFB, Calif.
3. November 1976 - September 1980, C-141 pilot, 729th Military Airlift Squadron, Norton AFB, Calif.
4. September 1980 - June 1995, C-141 pilot, 708th Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. April 1995 - May 1996, Chairman, Small Computers Working Group, 349th Airlift Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. June 1995 - May 1996, chief pilot, 708th Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
7. May 1996 - December 1997, Commander, 710th Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. January 1998 - April 1998, Assistant Director of Operations, 349th Operations Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. May 1998 - September 1998, individual mobilization augmentee to the Commander, 615th Air Mobility Operations Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
10. October 1998 - December 2000, Vice Wing Commander, 433rd Airlift Wing, Kelly AFB, Texas
11. December 2000 - present, mobilization assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Security Assistance, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 26,000 hours (civilian and military combined)
Military aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, C-141, C-5A
Civilian aircraft flown: CE-500, B-737, B-747, B-757, B-767, A-320
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Award
Armed Forces Reserve Medal
Small Arms Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 7, 1972
First Lieutenant June 7, 1975
Captain June 7, 1977
Major Oct. 1, 1986
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 1993
Colonel May 1, 1998
Brigadier General Oct. 18, 2002
(Current as of August 2003)