|MAJOR GENERAL KURT F. NEUBAUER|
Maj. Gen. Kurt F. Neubauer is the Vice Commander, 7th Air Force, Air Forces Korea, and Chief of Staff, Air Component Command, Osan Air Base, South Korea. The 7th Air Force mission is to organize, train, and equip warfighting forces supporting the Air Component Command assigned to the Combined Forces Command; and perform missions that support United Nations Command armistice maintenance.
General Neubauer was commissioned in 1981 at the U.S. Air Force Academy. He's commanded the 34th Fighter Squadron at Hill AFB, Utah; the 8th Operations Group at Kunsan AB, South Korea; the 11th Wing at Bolling AFB, Washington DC; the 56th Fighter Wing at Luke AFB, Arizona; and the 332d Air Expeditionary Wing at Balad AB, Iraq. He has also served on the Air Combat Command staff and as Chief of Staff of the Air Force Chair and professor of military strategy at the National War College.
General Neubauer is a command pilot with more than 4,000 hours in the F-16, including over 500 combat hours.
1981 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering mechanics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1985 Tactical Fighter Electronics Combat Officer Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1987 USAF Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1994 Master of Aeronautical Science degree, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
1996 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master's degree in national security strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2006 Seminar XXI Fellow - Program on Foreign Politics, International Relations and the National Interest, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
2008 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Goldsboro, N.C.
2010 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 Combined/Joint Force Special Operations Component Commander's Course, Joint Special Operations University, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2012 Combined/Joint Force Air Component Commander Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB Ala.
1. September 1981 - August 1982, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. August 1982 - October 1983, student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 62nd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
3. October 1983 - January 1986, pilot, 430th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
4. January 1986 - January 1987, instructor pilot, 80th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
5. January 1987 - October 1989, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 311th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. October 1989 - October 1992, flight commander, USAF Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. October 1992 - June 1995, assistant operations officer; later, Chief of Safety; later, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
8. June 1995 - June 1996, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 1996 - October 1998, assistant Chief of Flight Safety; later, Chief, F-22 Operational Requirements Branch, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
10. October 1998 - July 2000, operations officer, 4th Fighter Squadron; later, Commander, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. August 2000 - June 2001, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. August 2001 - June 2003, Deputy Commander, 35th Operations Group, Misawa AB, Japan
13. June 2003 - June 2004, Commander, 8th Operations Group, Kunsan AB, South Korea
14. June 2004 - June 2006, Chief of Staff of the Air Force Chair, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2006 - June 2008, Commander, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, D.C.
16. July 2008 - September 2010, Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
17. October 2010 - December 2011, Commander, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Joint Base Balad, Iraq
18. January 2012 - present, Vice Commander, 7th Air Force, Air Forces Korea, and Chief of Staff, Air Component Command, Osan AB, South Korea
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2004 - June 2006, Chief of Staff of the Air Force Chair, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C., as a colonel
2. October 2010 - December 2011, Commander, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, as a brigadier general
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,000, including 500 combat hours
Aircraft flown: F-16
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
1982 Distinguished Graduate, Undergraduate Pilot Training
1987 Distinguished Graduate and Outstanding Graduate, USAF Fighter Weapons School
1989 Daedalian Instructor Pilot of the Year, 58th Tactical Training Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
1989 Tactical Air Command Instructor of the Year, 58th Tactical Training Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1981
First Lieutenant May 27, 1983
Captain May 27, 1985
Major Oct. 1, 1993
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 1998
Colonel May 1, 2003
Brigadier General Dec. 9, 2008
Major General July 3, 2012
(Current as of September 2012)