|BRIGADIER GENERAL LEE K. LEVY II|
Selected for promotion to major general
Brig. Gen. Lee K. Levy II is currently deployed to Southwest Asia as the Director of the U.S. Central Command Deployment and Distribution Operations Center (CDDOC). His permanent duty assignment is Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. As CDDOC Director, he is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, and synchronizing logistics and engineering at the operational and strategic levels in peace, crisis and war within the 27-country Central Command area of responsibility.
General Levy entered the Air Force in 1985 as a Louisiana State University ROTC graduate. He is a career aircraft and munitions maintenance officer with experience at the unit and headquarters levels leading maintenance production and maintenance management operations. He has commanded two squadrons, a group, and a wing. General Levy has held staff assignments at the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and the Joint Staff. Previously, he was the Commander of the 402nd Maintenance Wing, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, Louisiana State University
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 Graduate certificate in systems management, University of Southern California
1994 Master of Science degree in international relations, Troy State University
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Air War College, by correspondence
2004 Master of Arts degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2007 Joint and Combined Warfare School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2008 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
2008 Senior Executive Fellows Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2010 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2011 Senior Joint Information Operations Applications Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Executives in National and International Security Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. August 1985 - December 1985, student, Munitions Maintenance Officer Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
2. December 1985 - September 1987, officer in charge, Munitions Services Branch, 7th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
3. September 1987 - December 1988, maintenance supervisor, Weapons Storage Area, 7th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
4. December 1988 - August 1990, officer in charge, Munitions Services, and emergency actions officer, 7362nd Munitions Support Squadron, Volkel Air Base, The Netherlands
5. August 1990 - December 1991, officer in charge, Munitions Maintenance, and emergency actions officer, 7362nd Munitions Support Squadron, Volkel AB, The Netherlands
6. January 1992 - July 1993, Commander, Munitions Flight, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
7. July 1993 - March 1994, executive officer, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, England
8. March 1994 - May 1995, Commander, Sortie Generation Flight, 492nd Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
9. May 1995 - August 1997, logistics evaluation manager, Headquarters Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. August 1997 - June 1998, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 1998 - July 2000, Commander, 9th Munitions Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
12. August 2000 - May 2002, strategy planner, Deputy Director for Strategy and Policy, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate (J5), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. May 2002 - July 2003, executive officer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. July 2003 - July 2004, student, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
15. July 2004 - August 2005, Chief, Depot Maintenance Transformation Division, 76th Maintenance Wing, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. August 2005 - January 2006, Commander, 654th Combat Logistics Support Squadron, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. January 2006 - April 2007, Commander, 76th Aircraft Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
18. April 2007 - May 2009, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
19. May 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 402nd Maintenance Wing, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
20. June 2011 - present, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
21. January 2013 - present, Director, CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Southwest Asia
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2000 - May 2002, strategy planner, Deputy Director for Strategy and Policy, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate (J5), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
2. January 2013 - present, Director, CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Southwest Asia, as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
1999 Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award for Field Grade Munitions/Missile Manager of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 5, 1985
First Lieutenant July 5, 1987
Captain July 5, 1989
Major May 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2001
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General Dec. 4, 2009
(Current as of April 2013)