|BRIGADIER GENERAL KAREN A. RIZZUTI|
Brig. Gen. Karen A. Rizzuti is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 24th Air Force, headquartered at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. The 24th Air Force's mission is to extend, operate and defend the Air Force portion of the Department of Defense network, and provide full spectrum capabilities for the joint warfighter in, through and from cyberspace. Twenty-fourth Air Force is comprised of three wings, the 67th Network Warfare Wing, 688th Information Operations Wing, and 689th Combat Communications Wing, as well as an integrated operations center, the 624th Operations Center.
General Rizzuti was commissioned through Officer Training School in 1986, and has held a variety of space operations positions including command and control of four different satellite constellations; space operations training, testing and evaluation; joint duty at U.S. Space Command; Headquarters Air Force Space Command training and testing staff duty, squadron command, Senior Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Vice Commander, Space Warfare Center, and Senior IMA to the 50th Space Wing Commander. She served as Mobilization Assistant to the Director of the National Security Space Office at the Pentagon, and as the IMA to the Headquarters Air Force Space Command Inspector General. Prior to assuming her current position, General Rizzuti was the Vice Commander, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas.
1985 Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration, University of Florida, Gainesville
1986 Officer Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1992 Squadron Officer School, in residence, outstanding contributor, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1999 Master's degree in Space Systems Management, with honors, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2003 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2011 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2012 CAPSTONE General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Andrews AFB, Md., and Lackland AFB, Texas
2012 Senior Joint Information Operations Applications Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 1986 - February 1988, Satellite Operations Officer, Consolidated Space Operations Center, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2. October 1986 - February 1988, Student, Satellite Ground Systems Controller, Colorado Springs, Colo.
3. February 1988 - August 1989, satellite ground systems officer, Consolidated Space Test Center, Falcon AFB, Colo.
4. August 1989 - August 1991, Ground Control Officer Simulation Course director, 1022nd Combat Crew Training Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
5. August 1991 - March 1992, Ultra High Frequency Follow-On Simulation Course Director, 50th Crew Training Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. March 1992 - March 1994, Chief, Space Operations Training Policy, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Directorate of Operations, Peterson AFB, Colo.
7. March 1994 - February 1995, MILSATCOM Mission Control Segment Evaluator, 50th Operations Support Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo., duty at Detachment 4, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. February 1995 - April 1997, Milstar Operational Test and Evaluation Data Analyst (IMA), Det. 4, AFOTEC, Peterson AFB, Colo. (simultaneous with assignment to Headquarters U.S. Space Command J3 Directorate)
9. February 1995 - April 1997, Tactical Military Satellite Communications Operations Officer (IMA), Headquarters U.S. Space Command, J3 Directorate, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. April 1997 - June 2000, Space Operations Training and Testing Officer (IMA), Headquarters AFSPC, Directorate of Operations, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. June 2000 - November 2002, Commander, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. November 2002 - September 2003, IMA to the Chief of War-Gaming and Simulations, Space Warfare Center, Schriever AFB, Colo.
13. September 2003 - August 2005, Director Of Staff, and subsequently, IMA to the Space Warfare Center Vice Commander, Schriever AFB, Colo.
14. August 2005 - February 2006, IMA to 50th Space Wing Commander, Schriever AFB, Colo.
15. February 2006 - August 2007, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, National Security Space Office, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. August 2007 - October 2008, IMA to the AFSPC Inspector General, Peterson AFB, Colo.
17. October 2008 - January 2011, Commander, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
18. January 2011 - May 2013, Vice Commander, 10th Air Force, NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas
19. May 2013 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 24th Air Force, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
SPACE SYSTEM INFORMATION
Rating: Master Space Operator
Space Systems operated: NATO III; Global Positioning System; Ultra High Frequency Follow-On; Milstar
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with campaign star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 24, 1986
First Lieutenant April 24, 1988
Captain April 24, 1990
Major March 8, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 29, 2000
Colonel Feb. 6, 2004
Brigadier General Feb. 17, 2012
(Current as of May 2013)