|BRIGADIER GENERAL VINCENT MANCUSO|
Brig. Gen. Vincent Mancuso currently serves as the Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Operations, Strategic Deterrence, and Nuclear Integration, U.S. Air Forces in Europe. In this position he develops and implements policy, obtains resources, and develops concepts of operation in order to ensure U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Africa are properly organized, trained and equipped.
General Mancuso is a command pilot and a cyberspace operations officer who holds a Ph.D. in information systems. He recently completed a deployment to Operation Enduring Freedom, where he led the theater integrated air and missile defense program for the U.S. Central Command Combined Forces Air Component Commander. He continues to lead joint initiatives to integrate cyber and non-kinetic operations with air operations.
General Mancuso is a 1984 distinguished graduate from ROTC, earning his wings in 1986 from the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training Program, winning distinguished graduate and flying excellence "top stick" honors. He flew 36 combat missions in the F-4G Wild Weasel during Operation Desert Storm. He is the first-ever Air Force Reserve Command graduate of the National Defense University's Advanced Management Program and the founder of the DoD and Air Force award winning ARCNet system.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Education and Training, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill.
1988 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1988 Master of Public Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Calif.
1993 Doctor of Philosophy in Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Fla.
2002 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2005 Advanced Management Program, Information Resources Management College, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, D.C. (DoD CIO Certification, NSTISSI 4011 IA Certification)
2006 Air War College by correspondence
2008 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education - Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Information Technology Acquisition - Level 1 Certification, Defense Acquisition University
2009 Air Force Cyber Operations Transition Course by correspondence
2011 Regional Seminar - Middle East, Washington, D.C.
2012 Capstone Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1985 - June 1986, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. June 86 - August 1986, Student, Fighter Lead-In Training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. September 1986 - April 1987, Student, F-4E Initial Training, George AFB, Calif.
4. April 1987 - November 1989, F-4E Pilot, 561st Fighter Squadron, George AFB, Calif.
5. November 1989 - November 1991, F-4G Pilot, 81st Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany (Deployed to Operation Desert Storm, August 1990 - April 1991, 35th Provisional Fighter Wing, Bahrain)
6. November 1991 - August 1993, Individual Ready Reserve, Denver, Colo.
7. August 1993 - November 1993, Academy Liaison Officer, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. November 1993 - September 1996, Exercise Plans Officer, HQ USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. September 1996 - November 1997, Executive Officer, 70th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
10. November 1997 - April 1998, Student, T-38 Instructor Pilot Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. April 1998 - June 2004, T-38 Instructor Pilot, 43rd Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
12. June 2004 - June 2005, Chief Operations Information Officer and T-38 Instructor Pilot, 340th Flying Training Group, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. June 2005 - June 2007, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. June 2007 - October 2008, Director, Joint Management Office: Coalition Warrior Interoperability Demonstration, Defense Information Systems Agency - Arlington Va.
15. October 2008 - December 2008, Joint Operations Staff Officer, Headquarters Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
16. December 2008 - April 2012, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
17. April 2012 - August 2012, Acting Director, Operations, Strategic Deterrence, and Nuclear Integration, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
18. August 2012 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Operations, Strategic Deterrence, and Nuclear Integration, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2007 - October 2008, Director, Joint Management Office: Coalition Warrior Interoperability Demonstration, Defense Information Systems Agency - Arlington Va., as a colonel
2. October 2008 - December 2008, Joint Operations Staff Officer, Headquarters Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va., as a colonel
3. January 2009 - March 2009, Chief of Combat Operations, Continental North American Air Defense Region, Operation Noble Eagle. Tyndall AFB, Fla., as a colonel
4. February 2010 - September 2010, Special Assistant to the CENTCOM Combined Forces Air Component Commander, Operation Enduring Freedom, Al Udeid AB, Qatar, as a colonel
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: military, 2,059 hours; civilian, more than 5,000 hours
Aircraft flown: Military (F-4E, F-4G, T-37, T-38A, T-38C, AT-38), Civilian (727, 737, 757, 767, 777)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross with "V" device and oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border and two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with four "M" devices
2007 CIO Magazine "Ones to Watch" Leadership Award
2005, 2006, 2007 Air Force Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award Finalist
2004, 2005, 2007 Air Force Best Practice - OpsNet and ReserveNet Team Lead
2006 CIO Magazine Top 100 Innovators in Government and Business - Team Lead
2005 DoD Chief Information Officer, DoD "Top 5" Team Excellence Award - Team Lead
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Air Force Association - Life Member
The Reserve Officers Association - Life Member
The Order of Daedalians - Life Member
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association - Member
Veterans of Foreign Wars - Life Member
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 21, 1984
First Lieutenant March 4, 1987
Captain March 4, 1989
Major Oct. 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 4, 2003
Colonel Jan. 26, 2007
Brigadier General April 15, 2012
(Current as of March 2013)