|BRIGADIER GENERAL KATHRYN J. JOHNSON|
Brig. Gen. Kathryn J. Johnson is the Director of System Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. General Johnson plans, develops and implements innovative and transformative logistics concepts and initiatives across the full spectrum of the Air Force logistics enterprise to enable the evolving expeditionary air and space force. She develops architectures, and provides management and oversight across the full range of a diverse logistics information technology enterprise. She defines and integrates logistics management information systems requirements for the Global Combat Support System.
General Johnson gained her commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy, where she graduated in 1983 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management. She holds a Master's Degree in Strategic Studies from the Air War College at Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., and a Master's Degree in Military Studies from the American Public University in Manassas, Va.
1983 Bachelor of Science in Management, U. S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1987 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master's degree, Military Studies, American Public University, Manassas, Va.
2005 Air War College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air War College in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Darden School for Executive Leadership, University of Virginia
1. June 1983 - April 1987, Operations Support Branch Chief, 14th Supply Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. May 1987 - February 1989, Material Storage and Distribution and Materiel Management Branch Chief, 833rd Supply Squadron, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
3. February 1990 - May 1990, Combat Operations Support Branch Chief, 4557th Supply Squadron, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
4. May 1990 - August 1990, Executive Officer to the Wing Commander, Keflavik Naval Air Station Iceland.
5. August 1990 - February 1992, Combat Operations Support Branch Chief, 4557th Supply Squadron, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
5. February 1992 - September 1992, Chief, Fighter Spares Support, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
6. September 1992 - September 1993 Executive Officer to the Air Combat Command Chief of Supply, HQ ACC, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
7. October 1994 - February 2000, break in service
8. February 2000 - June 2001, Supply and Transportation Flight Commander, 944th Logistics Support Squadron, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. June 2001 - June 2002, Maintenance Operations Officer, 908th Logistics Group, 908th Airlift Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 2002 - January 2003, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, 433 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
11. January 2003 - May 2003, Deputy Commander, 514th Maintenance Group, McGuire AFB, N.J.
12. May 2003 - May 2005, Commander, 514th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, (C-141) McGuire AFB, N.J.
13. May 2005 - September 2005, Commander, 305th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, (C-17) McGuire AFB, N.J.
14. September 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 514th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, (C-17) McGuire AFB, N.J.
15. June 2007 - June 2008, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. June 2008 - December 2008, Senior IMA to the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
17. December 2008 - December 2009, Commander, 187th Maintenance Group, Dannelly Field, Montgomery, Ala.
18. December 2009 - August 2010, Director of Logistics, 22 AF A4 Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
19. August 2010 - February 2011, Commander, 440th Maintenance Group Commander, Pope AFB, N.C.
20. March 2011 - February 2012, Associate Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
21. February 2012 - March 2012, Special Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support; serving in the Resource Integration Directorate, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
22. April 2012 - present, Director of System Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with five oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hour glass device
Air Force Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Alabama Distinguished Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1983
First Lieutenant June 1, 1985
Captain June 1, 1987
Major Oct. 25, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2004
Colonel Aug. 1, 2008
Brigadier General June 30, 2012
(Current as of December 2012)