|BRIGADIER GENERAL CEDRIC D. GEORGE|
Brig. Gen. Cedric D. George is the Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. The WR-ALC performs programmed depot maintenance on all variants of the F-15, C-5, C-130, C-17 and special operations forces aircraft. General George leads more than 8,400 employees in the restoration of equipment to serviceable condition through structural and component repair, manufacture, and modification; avionic and airborne electronics weapons system repair, manufacture, modification, calibration, and certification; and software development and sustainment of operational flight programs, test program sets, and automatic test equipment. He is also responsible for providing a ready source of critical item maintenance and repair by supporting peacetime maintenance requirements, meeting wartime emergency demands, and accomplishing expeditionary aircraft maintenance and repair.
General George entered the Air Force in 1987 as a graduate of Norwich University's ROTC program. He is a fully qualified Maintenance Commander and a Level III senior acquisition professional, with a wide array of leadership experiences in Air Force and joint programs. His commands include the 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at Holloman AFB, N.M.; 35th Maintenance Group at Misawa AB, Japan; and 11th Wing at Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C. He has also served as the Director of Pacific Air Forces Air Force Smart Operations 21, Hickam AB, Hawaii and Special Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. Prior to his current position, he was Commander, 76th Maintenance Wing, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.
1990 Master of Science in Management, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Montgomery, Ala.
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Master of National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of Armed Forces , Washington, D.C.
2008 Level II (Black Belt) Training/Certification, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2009 Executive Leadership Course, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2010 Senior Executive Fellow, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. January 1988 - March 1990, project engineer, Joint STARS Radar Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. March 1990 - September 1991, Deputy Director of Protocol, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. September 1991 - July 1992, Program Manager, European Intelligence Centers, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. July 1993 - March 1995, Flight Commander/Munitions and Fabrication Flight, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. March 1995 - January 1996, Squadron Maintenance Officer, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. January 1996 - October 1998, Chief, Acquisition Branch/F-22 Award Fee Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. June 1998 - October 1998, Chief, Logistics Operations Division, Incirlik AB, Turkey
8. November 1998 - July 1999, Special Assistant to the Commander, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. August 1999 - June 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 2000 - December 2001, Chief, Global Power Requirements Integration Division, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. December 2001 - April 2003, Branch Chief, Joint Strike Fighter, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. April 2003 - August 2003, Deputy Chief, Air Superiority Division, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. August 2003 - August 2005, Commander, 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
14. August 2005 - June 2006, Student, Industrial College of Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
16. July 2008 - November 2009, Director, Pacific Air Forces Air Force Smart Operations 21,
Hickam AB, Hawaii
17. December 2009 - September 2010, Commander, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
18. October 2010 - April 2011, Special Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff, USAF, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
19. April 2011 - July 2012, Commander, 76th Maintenance Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
20. July 2012 - Present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1987
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1989
Captain Sept. 19, 1991
Major April 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General July 13, 2012
(Current as of July 2012)