|LIEUTENANT GENERAL ROBERT R. DIERKER|
Retired Dec. 1, 2004.
Lt. Gen. Robert R. Dierker is Deputy Commander, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
General Dierker entered the Air Force in 1972 after being honored as a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has served in various operational and staff positions in the United States, Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia and Europe, and has commanded an operations group. He is a command pilot with more than 2,400 flying hours, primarily in tactical aircraft, and is a master parachutist with more than 130 military jumps.
1972 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and computer science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1973 Master of Science degree in operations research, University of California, Los Angeles
1983 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1988 U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. June 1972 - March 1973, graduate student, Air Force Institute of Technology, University of California, Los Angeles
2. April 1973 - May 1974, student, undergraduate pilot training, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1974 - January 1975, F-4 pilot training, 31st Fighter Wing, Homestead AFB, Fla.
4. February 1975 - December 1975, F-4 pilot, 432nd Tactical Fighter Wing, Udorn Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
5. January 1976 - January 1980, jump-qualified forward air controller, 21st Tactical Air Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
6. February 1980 - July 1982, F-16 pilot, chief of wing scheduling, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
7. August 1982 - June 1983, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 1983 - June 1987, Chief of Tactical Missiles and Avionics, Special Projects Division, Directorate of Research and Development, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. July 1987 - June 1988, student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
10. June 1988 - November 1988, F-16 pilot, 56th Fighter Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. November 1988 - November 1990, F-16 pilot, Assistant Deputy Commander for Operations, 432nd Tactical Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, Japan
12. November 1990 - August 1992, Assistant Deputy Commander, later, Deputy Commander for Operations, 5th Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan
13. August 1992 - July 1994, Commander, 432nd Operations Group, Misawa AB, Japan
14. July 1994 - May 1997, Chief, Joint Plans and Operations Section, Operations and Logistics Division, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Casteau, Belgium
15. May 1997 - September 1998, Deputy Director for International Negotiations, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate, J-5, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
16. September 1998 - June 2000, Commander, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, South Korea
17. June 2000 - August 2002, Assistant Chief of Staff, Operations Division, SHAPE, and Director of Operations for Joint Forge and Joint Guardian, Mons, Belgium
18. August 2002 - present, Deputy Commander, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot, master parachutist
Flight hours: More than 2,400 hours
Aircraft flown: F-4, O-2 and F-16
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with bronze star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 7, 1972
First Lieutenant June 7, 1974
Captain June 7, 1976
Major Nov. 1, 1981
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 1986
Colonel Nov. 1, 1991
Brigadier General Sept. 1, 1997
Major General Sept. 1, 2000
Lieutenant General Aug. 8, 2002
(Current as of January 2003)