|BRIGADIER GENERAL DWIGHT M. KEALOHA|
Retired Feb. 1, 1996.
Brigadier General Dwight M. Kealoha is commander of the 15th Air Base Wing, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. The wing operates and maintains Hickam, Bellows Air Force Station and Wake Island Airfield. The wing also supports approximately 140 associate and tenant units in Hawaii and throughout the Pacific.
The general entered the Air Force in 1966 and has commanded two Air Force wings, worked with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and served as a special assistant to the commander and chief of staff of Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe. He was one of five Air Force officers selected to serve on the Reagan transition team. He has served in the continental United States, Europe and the Pacific with assignments as an A-10 squadron commander, combat support group commander, wing vice commander, a MAJCOM staff officer, Air Staff action officer and combined command staff officer. He is a command pilot, having flown more than 3,600 hours, principally in fighter aircraft, and served two tours in Southeast Asia.
1966 Bachelor's degree in political science, University of Hawaii
1973 Squadron Officer School
1974 Air Command and Staff College
1976 Master's degree in business, University of Utah
1985 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. December 1966 - December 1967, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. December 1967 - March 1968, survival training, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash., and aircrew upgrade, England Air Force Base, La.
3. March 1968 - March 1969, 360th Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron, Tan Son Nhut Air Base, South Vietnam
4. March 1969 - May 1969, T-33 familiarization, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
5. June 1969 - October 1969, RF-4C, replacement training unit, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
6. November 1969 - November 1970, RF-4C pilot (Bullwhip Fast Reconnaissance), Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base, Thailand
7. November 1970 - May 1974, instructor pilot, standardization and evaluation, 32nd Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, Royal Air Force Station Alconbury, England
8. May 1974 - June 1977, flight examiner, RF-4C, F-4C, D and E, U.S. Air Forces in Europe standardization and evaluation team, Ramstein Air Base, West Germany
9. June 1977 - May 1981, action officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. May 1981 - October 1981, A-10 upgrade, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
11. November 1981 - June 1982, A-10 pilot, 511th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Station Bentwaters, England
12. June 1982 - June 1984, commander, 509th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Station Bentwaters, England
13. June 1984 - June 1985, student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
14. July 1985 - July 1986, commander, 48th Combat Support Group, Royal Air Force Station Lakenheath, England
15. July 1986 - June 1987, vice commander, 48th Tactical Fighter Wing, Royal Air Force Station Lakenheath, England
16. June 1987 - December 1988, commander, 513th Airborne Command and Control Wing, Royal Air Force Station Mildenhall, England
17. December 1988 - May 1990, assistant deputy for plans, programs and policy, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, West Germany
18. May 1990 - October 1991, special assistant to the chief of staff, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium
19. October 1991 - June 1993, commander, 375th Airlift Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
20. June 1993 - present, commander, 15th Air Base Wing, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,600, including 300 combat missions and 1,128 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-33, RF-4C, AT-38, A-10, F-4C, D and E, F-111F, EC-135, C-21 and C-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Distinguished Flying Cross with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with nine oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Vietnam Service Medal with seven service stars
Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm
Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jun 8, 1966
First Lieutenant May 29, 1968
Captain Nov 29, 1969
Major Aug 1, 1978
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 1, 1980
Colonel Oct 1, 1985
Brigadier General Feb 1, 1992
(Current as of January 1994)