|BRIGADIER GENERAL GREGORY J. IHDE|
Retired Jan. 1, 2007.
Brig. Gen. Gregory J. Ihde is Vice Commander, 13th Air Force, and Commander, 613th Air and Space Operations Center, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii.
General Ihde was commissioned in 1976 as a distinguished graduate of the Ohio State University ROTC and has served in various operational and staff assignments in Europe, the Pacific and the continental U.S. He has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels, and has served on the staffs of Tactical Air Command, Allied Air Forces South and Allied Air Forces North.
In 1995, General Ihde was the NATO liaison officer to the United Nations in Sarajevo during Operation Deliberate Force, and in 2001 he commanded the 3rd Air Expeditionary Task Force out of Incirlik Air Base, Turkey, providing protection for initial humanitarian airdrops in Afghanistan. In 2002, he also served as Air Component Coordination Element Director and Commander, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. General Ihde is a command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours in fighter, bomber and trainer aircraft.
1976 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, Ohio State University, Columbus
1979 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1985 Master of Science degree in business administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Calif.
1985 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1990 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1995 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1976 - May 1977, student, undergraduate navigator training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. June 1977 - September 1980, student, RF-4 training, then weapons system officer, instructor weapons system officer and, later, executive officer, 363rd Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
3. October 1980 - September 1981, student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
4. September 1981 - December 1981, student, lead-in fighter training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. January 1982 - June 1982, student, F-16 training, Hill AFB, Utah
6. June 1982 - October 1985, pilot, instructor pilot, and standardization and evaluation flight examiner, 19th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
7. April 1985 - July 1985, student, U.S. Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. November 1985 - October 1986, instructor pilot, weapons and tactics chief, flight commander, 80th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Korea
9. November 1986 - December 1989, instructor pilot, chief programmer, assistant operations officer and operations officer, U.S. Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. January 1990 - June 1990, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
11. July 1990 - June 1992, operations inspector, Tactical Air Command Inspector General Team, Langley AFB, Va.
12. July 1992 - July 1994, Commander, 4th Fighter Squadron, later, Deputy Commander, 388th Operations Group, Hill AFB, Utah
13. August 1994 - May 1995, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, AL.
14. June 1995 - June 1997, Director, Deliberate Guard Air Operations Center, Allied Forces Southern Europe, Naples, Italy
15. July 1997 - June 1999, Commander, 79th Test and Evaluation Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
16. June 1999 - May 2001, senior U.S. representative and Director of Staff, Allied Air Forces North, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
17. May 2001 - July 2002, Commander, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
18. July 2002 - April 2003, Air Component Coordination Element Director and Commander, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
19. June 2003 - August 2005, Commander, 57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
20. September 2005 - present, Vice Commander, 13th Air Force, and Commander, 613th Air and Space Operations Center, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,000
Aircraft flown: RF-4, F-16, T-37, T-38 and HH-60
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
NATO Medal (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1976
First Lieutenant Sept. 20, 1978
Captain Sept. 20, 1980
Major March 1, 1987
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1991
Colonel Nov. 1, 1997
Brigadier General Sept. 1, 2003
(Current as of December 2006)