|LIEUTENANT GENERAL STANLEY T. KRESGE|
Lt. Gen. Stanley T. Kresge is the Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, and the Deputy Theater Joint Force Air Component Commander to the Commander, U.S.Pacific Command. PACAF is responsible for the Air Force activities spread over half the globe in the command that supports 45,000 Airmen serving principally in Japan, Korea, Hawaii, Alaska and Guam. PACAF is responsible for the command, control, and employment of air, space, and information operations capabilities, executed through the 613th Air and Space Operations Center.
General Kresge was commissioned in 1980 after graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy. His commands include the F-15 Division, U.S. Air Force Weapons School; 27th Fighter Squadron; 1st Operations Group; 33rd Fighter Wing; 379th Air Expeditionary Wing; and Thirteenth Air Force. The general has held staff assignments at the Air, Land and Sea Application Agency, Secretary of the Air Force Office of the Legislative Liaison, Air Combat Command and Air Force Space Command. Prior to his current assignment, he was Commander, Thirteenth Air Force, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
The general is a command pilot with more than 4,200 flying hours, primarily in the F-15.
1980 Bachelor of Science degree in political science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1984 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1991 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1992 Master's degree in human resource management, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1999 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Master's degree in strategic studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1980 - June 1981, student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. July 1981 - December 1981, student, F-15 training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. January 1982 - October 1983, wingman, flight lead and training officer, Kadena Air Base, Japan
4. November 1983 - April 1987, instructor pilot, flight examiner and weapons officer, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. May 1987 - July 1990, weapons officer, flight commander and assistant operations officer, Kadena AB, Japan
6. August 1990 - June 1991, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 1991 - September 1993, Joint Staff officer, Air, Land and Sea Application Agency, Langley AFB, Va.
8. October 1993 - January 1996, operations officer and Commander, F-15 Division, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. February 1996 - August 1998, Commander, 27th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
10. August 1998 - June 1999, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 1999 - April 2000, Chief, Legislative Actions Division, Office of the Legislative Liaison, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. May 2000 - May 2002, Commander, 1st Operations Group, Langley AFB, Va.
13. June 2002 - February 2003, Chief, Operations and Training Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
14. February 2003 - July 2004, Commander, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. August 2004 - May 2005, Deputy Director of Requirements, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
16. June 2005 - June 2006, Commander, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
17. July 2006 - September 2007, Deputy Director, Plans, Policy and Strategy, Headquarters North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. September 2007 - May 2009, Director of Air, Space and Nuclear Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
19. May 2009 - December 2010, Commander, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
20. December 2010 - September 2012, 13th Air Force, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
21. September 2012 - present, Vice Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 1991 - September 1993, Joint Staff officer, Air, Land and Sea Application Agency, Langley AFB, Va., as a major
2. July 2006 - September 2007, Deputy Director, Plans, Policy and Strategy, Headquarters North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a brigadier general
3. December 2010 - September 2012, Joint Force Air Component Commander to Joint Task Force 519, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, as a lieutenant general
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,200
Aircraft flown: F-15A/B/C/D/E, AT-38, T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1980
First Lieutenant May 28, 1982
Captain May 28, 1984
Major Jan. 1, 1990
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 1995
Colonel March 1, 2000
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2006
Major General Aug. 14, 2009
Lieutenant General Dec. 10, 2010
(Current as of November 2012)