|BRIGADIER GENERAL BURKE E. "ED" WILSON|
Brig. Gen. Burke E. "Ed" Wilson serves as the Deputy Commander, Air Forces Cyber (AFCYBER), Fort Meade, Md. As the Deputy Commander, he is the AFCYBER Commander's primary liaison and personal representative to U.S. Cyber Command and the National Security Agency, and also supports Air Forces Cyber operational activities with OSD, DNI, CIA and other NCR cyber stakeholders.
Brig. Gen. Wilson entered the Air Force in 1985 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy after earning a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
During his career, he has served in various duties to include space operations, planning, strategy, policy, acquisition and combat support. He has previously commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels, as well as served on the staffs of Air Force Space Command, National Reconnaissance Office, North American Aerospace Defense Command, and the former U.S. Space Command.
Prior to his current assignment, Brig. Gen. Wilson served as the Commander, 45th Space Wing and Director, Eastern Range where he was responsible for the processing and launch of U.S. government and commercial satellites from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla., and served as the final approval authority for all launches on the Eastern Range, a 15-million-square-mile area supporting an average of 20 launches per year.
1985 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1986 Squadron Officer School, correspondence
1990 Master of Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Mass.
1990 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master of Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2004 Air War College, correspondence
2004 Back to Basics, Executive Business Training, Darden Graduate School of Business, Univ. of Virginia
2005 Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship, Cisco Systems, San Jose, Calif.
2006 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2009 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Leadership Course, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
1. July 1985 - May 1988, Space Defense Operations Center design engineer; Chief, SPADOC Systems Engineering Branch, Electronic Systems Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. June 1988 - June 1990, Military Strategic and Tactical Relay systems engineer; program manager, MILSTAR Transportable Terminal, Electronic Systems Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. July 1990 - June 1994, Operations Director; Flight Director; Chief, Advanced Satellite Planning Division; chief, Advanced Satellite Management Division, Operational Detachment 4, Onizuka AFB, Calif.
4. July 1994 - December 1995, Mission Director; Chief, Support to Military Operations Division, Overhead Collection Management Center, Fort Meade, Md.
5. January 1996 - February 1997, executive officer, Deputy Director, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
6. March 1997 - July 1997, military assistant, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1997 - June 1998, student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 1998 - June 1999, student, School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. July 1999 - June 2000, plans and programs officer; Chief, Plans and Programs Branch, U.S. Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. July 2000 - June 2002, Deputy Director, Commander in Chief's Action Group, North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S. Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. July 2002 - July 2003, Commander, 1st Space Operations Squadron, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. July 2003 - July 2004, Deputy Commander, 50th Operations Group, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
13. August 2004 - May 2005, Secretary of Defense corporate fellow, Cisco Systems, San Jose, Calif.
14. June 2005 - June 200 6, Director, Commander's Action Group, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. June 2006 - September 2006, student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
16. September 2006 - April 2008, Commander, Space Operations Group
17. April 2008 - February 2010, Commander, Space Development and Test Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
18. February 2010 - August 2011, Commander, 45th Space Wing, Patrick AFB, Fla.
19. September 2011 - present, Deputy Commander, Air Forces Cyber (AFCYBER/24 AF), Fort Meade, Md.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 1999 - June 2000, plans and programs officer; chief, Plans and Programs Branch, U.S. Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a major
2. July 2000 - June 2002, deputy director/member, Commander in Chief's Action Group, North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S. Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a major and a lieutenant colonel
3. September 2006 - April 2008, commander, Space Operations Group, as a colonel
BADGES AND RATINGS
Command Space Badge
Senior Cyberspace Operator Badge
Basic Parachutist Badge
Basic Acquisition and Financial Management Badge
Certified Acquisition Professional: Program Management (Level III)
System Planning, Research and Development (Level III)
Test and Evaluation (Level I)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Reconnaissance Office's Distinguished Service Medal
National Reconnaissance Office's Superior Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1985
First Lieutenant May 28, 1987
Captain May 28, 1989
Major Jan. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2001
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General Dec.17, 2010
(Current as of October 2012)