|BRIGADIER GENERAL ALLEN J. JAMERSON|
Brig. Gen. Allen J. Jamerson is Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is the focal point for ensuring the physical security of Air Force nuclear assets, and planning and programming for more than 37,000 Active-Duty and Reserve component security forces at locations worldwide. He provides policy and oversight for protecting Air Force resources from terrorism, criminal acts, sabotage and acts of war, and ensures Security Forces are trained, equipped and ready to support contingency and exercise plans.
General Jamerson entered the Air Force in 1986 after graduating from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. He was also commissioned as an AFROTC distinguished graduate. After security police assignments at Whiteman AFB, Mo., Kadena Air Base, Japan, and Vandenberg AFB, Calif., he served as Chief, Security Police for Clear Air Station, Alaska. General Jamerson also held a staff position at Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., and commanded security forces squadrons at Luke AFB, Ariz., and Robins AFB, Ga. During that time he also attended Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB, Ala.
He graduated from the United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa., in 2003, followed by an assignment as Deputy Director of Security for the National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va. He also commanded the 90th Security Forces Group at Francis E. Warren AFB, Wyo., was Vice Commander of the 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala., and commanded the 72d Air Base Wing at Tinker, AFB, Okla.
Prior to his current position, General Jamerson served as the Chief of Staff, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command.
1983 Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, N.C.
1986 Bachelor of Science in Social Work, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, N.C.
1991 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy (NA-181), Quantico, Va.
1996 Master of Arts in Human Resources Development, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Arts in Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2005 Joint Forces Staff College, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
2006 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2007 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N.C.
2008 Senior Manager Course, National Security Studies Program, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1986 - February 1988, Flight Security Officer, 351st Missile Security Squadron, 351st Strategic Missile Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2. February 1988 - April 1991, OIC, Plans and Resources, and Shift Commander, 18th Security Police Squadron, 18th Combat Support Wing, Kadena Air Base, Japan
3. April 1991 - March 1993, Squadron Section Commander, and Shift Commander, 30th Security Police Squadron, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. March 1993 - March 1994, Chief, Security Police, 13th Space Warning Squadron, 21st Space Wing, Clear Air Station, Alaska
5. March 1994 - August 1997, Chief, Security Alarm Systems, and Chief, Air Base Defense, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
6. August 1997 - June 1998, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 1998 - July 2000, Commander, 56th Security Forces Squadron, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. July 2000 - July 2002, Commander, 78th Security Forces Squadron, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. July 2002 - June 2003, Student, U.S. Army War College, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
10. June 2003 - April 2005, Deputy Director of Security, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
11. April 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 90th Security Forces Group, 90th Space Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
12. June 2007 - July 2008, Vice Commander, 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. July 2008 - June 2010, Commander, 72d Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. June 2010 - July 2012, Chief of Staff, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2012 - present, Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
1992 Air Force Space Command Company Grade Officer of the Year
1993 Air Force Security Police Company Grade Officer of the Year
1993 Air Force Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award - Company Grade Category
2001 AFMC Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award - Field Grade Category
2004 National Reconnaissance Office Director's Circle Award
2005 National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 10, 1986
First Lieutenant Oct. 1, 1988
Captain July 20, 1990
Major Sept. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2000
Colonel Aug. 1, 2004
Brigadier General May 2, 2012
(Current as of October 2012)