Maj. Gen. Pamela Lincoln is the Mobilization Assistant to the Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force. In this position she assists the Chief of Staff to develop and implement policy, obtain resources and develop concepts of operation to ensure U.S. Air Forces are properly organized, trained and equipped.
General Lincoln is a command space operations officer and a basic missile operations officer. She served on active duty in various assignments until 1998 when she joined the Air Force Reserve. She was certified to instruct and evaluate operations for the Minuteman II and Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, the GPS Satellite, and the SPACEAF Aerospace Operations Center, currently known as the Joint Space Operations Center. She was also basic mission certified in the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program. She recently served as the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command and Deputy Joint Force Space Component Commander. Additionally, she was part of the initial cadre to activate the Air Force Space Command Forward Element at the Pentagon. General Lincoln received her commission from Officer Training School in 1989. She has held leadership positions at the squadron, wing, Air Operations Center and Air Staff levels.
1987 Bachelor of Science, information systems, Spanish minor, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
1989 Undergraduate Missile School, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., distinguished graduate
1990 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Master of Aviation Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., distinguished graduate
1999 Missile Warning Sensor Management Course, Detachment 1, 533rd Training Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
1999 Joint Air Command and Control Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla., distinguished graduate
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
2007 Space 300, National Space Security Institute
2009 Air War College, with academic distinction
2014 Advanced Nuclear Concepts Course, Air University
2017 Leadership Decision Making Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. May 1989 - December 1993, Senior Crew Deputy Missile Combat Crew Instructor, Combat Crew Commander and Training and Evaluation Flight Commander, 341st Strategic Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2. January 1994 - September 1996, Satellite Vehicle Officer, Flight Commander and Senior Flight Commander, 2d Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. September 1996 - February 1998, Chief, Standardization Branch, 50th Operations Group, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
4. February 1998 - September 1999, Chief, COMAFSPACE SOC Plans, 310th Space Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
5. October 1999 - July 2001, Space Strategy and Tactics Officer, Chief, Combat Strategy Section, Chief, Space Strategies and Tactics, 9th Space Operations Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
6. July 2001 - December 2001, Space Spectral Program Officer, Deputy Director of Surveillance and Reconnaissance, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. January 2002 - October 2002 Chief, Space Spectral Programs Section, Directorate of Space Operations and Integration, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. October 2002 - May 2005, Operations Officer, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. May 2005 - November 2007, Squadron Commander, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
10. November 2007 - July 2008, Inspector General, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
11. July 2008 - May 2009, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2009 - July 2010, Technical Director, Air Force Lessons Learned, Air Force Studies and Analyses, Assessments and Lessons Learned, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. July 2010 - November 2011, Deputy Director, Analytic Foundation and Integration, Air Force Studies and Analyses, Assessments and Lessons Learned, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. November 2011 - April 2014, Vice Wing Commander, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
15. April 2014 - June 2015, Mobilization Assistant to Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. June 2015 - July 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command; and Deputy Joint Force Space Component Commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
17. July 2018 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2015 - July 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command; and Deputy Joint Force Space Component Commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
Badges: Command Space Operations Badge, Basic Missile Operations Badge
Systems: Minuteman II (ILCS), III (A-M), GPS (Block I, II, IIA, IIR, IIR-M), DMSP
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with N device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 4, 1989
First Lieutenant May 4, 1991
Captain May 4, 1993
Major July 14, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 4, 2003
Colonel June 1, 2008
Brigadier General March 26, 2015
Major General May 15, 2017
(Current as of June 2018)