Timothy L. Dues, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director for Maintenance, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In this capacity, Mr. Dues develops and directs policy and procedures for conducting depot maintenance operations at the command's air logistics centers in support of Headquarters U.S. Air Force and worldwide customers. Mr. Dues also serves as functional manager for depot maintenance organizational structures, interservicing, workload planning, information systems, infrastructure management and production processes conducted by a workforce of more than 500 at Headquarters AFMC, and 20,000 maintenance employees at the air logistics centers.
Mr. Dues began his career with the Air Force in 1978 and has held various senior positions within Air Force Systems Command, Air Force Materiel Command and the Air Force Research Laboratory. He has held positions in the research and development community as a researcher, program manager, programmer and enterprise director. Mr. Dues has also served as Director of Corporate Investment Strategy, Plans and Programs, and Manufacturing Technology at Air Force Research Laboratory. Prior to his current assignment, he was Air Force Propulsion Product Group Manager at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. Mr. Dues was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 1996.
1974 Bachelor of Science degree in biology and chemistry, University of Dayton, Ohio
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering, University of Dayton, Ohio
1991 System Acquisition and Acquisition Logistics Course, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1992 Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1993 Executive Development Seminar for Science and Technology Policy, Office of Personnel Management, Washington, D.C.
1996 Master of Science degree in public administration, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1997 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1998 Managing for Maximum Performance, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2001 Leading Change in Chaotic Times - System Dynamics, Harvard Business School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2003 Managing High Performance Organizations, Sloan Management School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
1. August 1978 - June 1981, chemical engineering technician, Wright Aeronautical Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. June 1981 - April 1983, chemist, Wright Aeronautical Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. April 1983 - March 1987, chemical engineer, Wright Aeronautical Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. March 1987 - August 1989, Program Element Monitor, Aerospace Propulsion, Headquarters AFSC, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. August 1989 - May 1992, Chief, Plans Division, Directorate of Plans and Programs, Deputy Chief of Staff for Technology and Requirements Planning, Headquarters AFSC, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. May 1992 - July 1993, Chief, Plans Division, Directorate of Plans and Programs, Deputy Chief of Staff for Science and Technology, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. July 1993 - October 1996, Chief, Plans Division, later, Chief, Plans and Programs Division, Directorate of Science and Technology, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. October 1996 - April 1997, Director, Plans and Programs Directorate, Wright Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. April 1997 - October 1998, Associate Director, Plans and Programs Directorate, and Director of Corporate Investment Strategy, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. October 1998 - May 1999, Associate Director for Manufacturing Technology and Affordability, Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. May 1999 - May 2000, acting Executive Director, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. May 2000 - August 2005, Air Force Propulsion Product Group Manager, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. August 2005 - present, Deputy Director for Maintenance, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Senior Level Supervisor of the Year, AFSC
Special Act or Service Award
Aero Propulsion Director's Citation for Excellence
Aero Propulsion Director's Citation for Program Management
Notable Achievement Award for Scientific Excellence
2002 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
2003 Award for Special Achievement, National Alumni Association, University of Dayton
2006 Distinguished Executive Presidential Rank Award
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level III
Program Management, Level III
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Chemical Society
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Air Force Association
Senior Executive Association
(Current as of August 2008)