Maj. Gen. Robert H. McMahon Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. He is responsible for worldwide logistics support for C-130 and C-5 transport aircraft, F-15 fighter aircraft, U-2 reconnaissance aircraft as well as support for remotely piloted vehicles, Air Force helicopters, air-to-air missiles, surface motor vehicles and high-technology airborne electronics, avionics and electronic warfare requirements. Other responsibilities include comprehensive logistics support and sustainment for the E-8C Joint STARS and the C-17 transport aircraft. The center is one of three Air Force air logistics centers and the largest single-site industrial complex in the state of Georgia.
General McMahon was born in Toledo, Ohio. He entered active duty after graduation from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1978. His command experience includes a maintenance wing, a logistics group and two maintenance squadrons. He has served as the Director of Maintenance and Director of Aircraft for the Ogden Air Logistics Center, and as the Director of Propulsion for the San Antonio ALC. General McMahon was also the military assistant to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. He has also served as Director of Maintenance, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. Prior to his current position he served as Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
1978 Bachelor of Science degree in international affairs, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1986 Master of Science degree in maintenance management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1990 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2001 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, N.Y.
1. July 1978 - December 1978, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
2. January 1979 - July 1979, officer-in-charge, Avionics Branch, 355th Tactical Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
3. August 1979 - July 1982, officer-in-charge, Avionics Branch, later, officer-in-charge, 60th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 33rd Tactical Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. August 1982 - May 1985, officer-in-charge, 43rd Aircraft Maintenance Unit, later, maintenance supervisor, 21st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 21st Tactical Fighter Wing, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
5. May 1985 - September 1986, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. September 1986 - July 1989, Chief, Logistics Information Systems Branch, later, member, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
7. July 1989 - June 1990, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 1990 - May 1991, officer-in-charge, Maintenance Operations Division, later, maintenance supervisor, 325th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
9. May 1991 - July 1993, Commander, 325th Component Repair Squadron, later, Commander, 325th Maintenance Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Florida
10. July 1993 - June 1994, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 1994 - July 1995, Chief, Pollution Prevention Policy, later, Chief, Maintenance Policy Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. July 1995 - April 1997, Commander, 35th Logistics Group, Misawa Air Base, Japan
13. April 1997 - April 2000, special assistant to the Commander, later, Director and System Support Manager, Propulsion Directorate, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
14. April 2000 - September 2001, Director, Aircraft Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
15. September 2001 - February 2003, senior military assistant, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
16. March 2003 - February 2005, Director of Maintenance, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
17. February 2005 - August 2005, Commander, 309th Maintenance Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
18. August 2005 - November 2007, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
19. December 2007 - October 2008, Director of Maintenance, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
20. October 2008 - November 2010, Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
21. November 2010 - present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1978
First Lieutenant May 31, 1980
Captain May 31, 1982
Major Dec. 1, 1988
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 1992
Colonel Oct. 1, 1996
Brigadier General Feb. 1, 2004
Major General Aug. 1, 2007
(Current as of June 2012)