Retired as a major general.
Lt. Gen. Kevin J. Sullivan is Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. General Sullivan is responsible to the Chief of Staff for leadership, management and integration of Air Force logistics readiness, aircraft and missile maintenance, civil engineering and security forces, as well as setting policy and preparing budget estimates that reflect enhancements to productivity, combat readiness and quality of life for Air Force people.
General Sullivan entered the Air Force and was commissioned through the Air Force ROTC program following graduation from the University of Connecticut in 1974. He has held various assignments with Tactical Air Command, Strategic Air Command, Pacific Air Forces, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Air Force Materiel Command and Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
He has held numerous maintenance and logistics assignments including command of an aircraft generation squadron. He has also served as Director of the Reconnaissance Systems Program Office, Vice Commander of the Air Armament Center and Air Staff Director of Logistics Readiness. Prior to his current assignment, General Sullivan commanded the Ogden Air Logistics Center at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
1974 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, University of Connecticut
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1982 Master of Science degree in management and supervision, Central Michigan University
1988 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1997 Executive Management Program, Pennsylvania State University
2003 The General Manager Program, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Mass.
1. February 1975 - November 1975, weapons loading officer, 23rd Munitions Maintenance Squadron, England AFB, La.
2. November 1975 - December 1976, officer in charge, munitions storage area, 23rd Munitions Maintenance Squadron, England AFB, La.
3. December 1976 - January 1978, Chief of Weapons Safety, 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing, England AFB, La.
4. January 1978 - June 1979, officer in charge, 90th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 3rd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Clark Air Base, Philippines
5. July 1979 - January 1980, maintenance supervisor, 3rd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Clark Air Base, Philippines
6. February 1980 - November 1980, officer in charge, Maintenance and Storage Branch, 319th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
7. November 1980 - July 1981, munitions maintenance supervisor, 319th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
8. July 1981 - April 1982, maintenance supervisor, 319th Organizational Maintenance Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
9. April 1982 - April 1984, Manager, Aircraft Maintenance Programs and Requirements, Maintenance Management Division, Directorate of Maintenance and Supply, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. April 1984 - September 1984, executive officer, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. September 1984 - August 1987, aircraft maintenance officer, Maintenance Policy Division, Directorate of Logistics and Engineering, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. August 1987 - June 1988, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 1988 - April 1989, maintenance supervisor, 86th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. April 1989 - November 1989, Commander, 86th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Ramstein AB, West Germany
15. November 1989 - June 1991, Commander, 86th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
16. June 1991 - July 1992, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. July 1992 - December 1993, Chief, Armament Division, Commodities Directorate, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
18. December 1993 - December 1995, Director, Aircraft Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
19. January 1996 - August 1997, Inspector General, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. August 1997 - July 1999, Director, Reconnaissance Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. July 1999 - May 2002, Vice Commander, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
22. May 2002 - July 2003, Director of Logistics Readiness, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
23. July 2003 - July 2007, Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
24. July 2007 - present, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 10, 1974
First Lieutenant Sept. 10, 1976
Captain Sept. 10, 1978
Major May 1, 1985
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1989
Colonel Jan. 1, 1993
Brigadier General Feb. 1, 2000
Major General July 1, 2003
Lieutenant General June 27, 2007
(Current as of August 2007)