Donald L. Cazel II, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Executive Director, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. The center provides worldwide logistics management, engineering, supply, contracting and depot maintenance for a wide variety of aircraft and munitions related platforms. He is responsible for four wings, to include the 75th Air Base Wing, 84th Combat Sustainment Wing, 309th Maintenance Wing and 508th Aircraft Sustainment Wing.
Mr. Cazel began his federal civil service career in 1973 as an inventory management specialist with the Defense Electronics Supply Center in Dayton, Ohio. He moved to the Air Force Logistics Command headquarters as a staff analyst in 1978. There he held a variety of positions with responsibility for policy, procedures and automated data systems in requirements and financial management before moving to the Sacramento Air Logistics Center as Deputy Chief of Resources Management.
Mr. Cazel has managed acquisition, sustainment and depot maintenance operations for tactical shelters, ground power and generator systems, and ground communications and electronics systems. He was the Deputy for Financial Management at the Sacramento and Ogden air logistics centers, and the Director of Financial Management for the San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas. He returned to the Ogden ALC and served as Director of Commodities. Prior to assuming his current position, he was the Deputy Director of Maintenance and Logistics, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
1992 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1996 Master of Science degree in industrial technology, University of Texas at Tyler
1997 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, N.Y.
1999 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Charlottesville, Va.
2000 APEX Orientation Program, Washington, D.C.
2002 Center of Excellence in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. July 1973 - December 1978, inventory management specialist, Defense Electronics Supply Center, Defense Logistics Agency, Dayton, Ohio
2. December 1978 - December 1982, staff analyst for stock funds and war reserve materiel, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. December 1982 - May 1983, Chief, War Reserve Materiel Branch, Directorate of Materiel Requirements and Financial Management, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. May 1983 - February 1986, Chief, Recoverable Items Branch, later, Chief, Requirements Policy Division, Directorate of Resources Management, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. February 1986 - August 1987, assistant for requirements policy, later, assistant for requirements development, Directorate of Resources Management, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1987 - September 1990, Deputy Chief, Resources Management Division, later, Deputy Chief, Item Management Division, Directorate of Materiel Management, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
7. September 1990 - January 1992, Chief, Airspace Systems Division, Space and Communications, Command and Control Systems Management Directorate, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
8. January 1992 - July 1992, student, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
9. July 1992 - December 1992, acting Associate Director, Space and C3 Management Directorate, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
10. December 1992 - October 1993, Chief, Space and C3 Support Division and Materiel Group Manager for Tactical Shelters, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
11. October 1993 - September 1994, Chief, Space and C3 Industrial Operations Division, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
12. September 1994 - May 1996, Deputy Chief, Plans and Programs Integration Division, Comptroller Directorate, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
13. May 1996 - August 1997, Deputy Comptroller, Comptroller Directorate, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
14. August 1997 - August 1998, Deputy Director, Financial Management Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
15. August 1998 - August 2000, Director of Financial Management, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
16. August 2000 - July 2002, Director of Commodities, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
17. August 2002 - May 2003, Director of Logistics Management, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
18. June 2003 - September 2004, Deputy Director of Maintenance and Logistics, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
19. September 2004 - present, Executive Director, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Logistics Officers Association
Federal Managers Association
Senior Executives Association
Program Management, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Acquisition Logistics, Level III, APDP
(Current as of March 2008)