Mr. Charles B. "Chuck" Jackson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, 326th Aeronautical Systems Wing, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As Director, his responsibilities include planning, acquisition and sustainment activities related to the wing. The wing is a 297-person unit directing more than 44 programs with a budget exceeding $5 billion, and is responsible for the program execution to develop, acquire, field and modernize existing and advanced aircraft strike capabilities. The wing consists of the 326th Aeronautical Systems Group (B-1), 726th Aeronautical System Group (B-2), 650th Aeronautical Systems Squadron (F-117), 651st Aeronautical Systems Squadron (B-52), and provides operations management support to the Joint Unmanned Combat Air System Program Office.
Mr. Jackson entered civil service at Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga., in 1974. He has held directorate-level leadership positions in program management, logistics management, financial management and personnel management. During his career, Mr. Jackson pioneered the Air Force's combat capability assessment methods, managed the worldwide wholesale logistics support for all tactical aircraft, missiles and commodities, and managed the U.S. Air Force central procurement, operations and maintenance, and stock funds to support the materiel management mission. In addition, Mr. Jackson implemented the first integrated, occupationally based management approach to educating and training all Air Force Materiel Command military and civilian personnel, and he re-engineered acquisition logistics and program management processes to implement acquisition reform.
Prior to his current position, Mr. Jackson served as Director of the Long Range Strike Systems Wing at the ASC. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2003.
1974 Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1981 Master's degree in business administration, outstanding graduating MBA student, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1993 Executive Excellence Seminar, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
1994 Senior Executive Fellow, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1998 Advanced Systems Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2002 Executive Program Manager's Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. 1974 - 1976, logistics management intern, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. 1976 - 1983, assistant system control officer, later, system control officer, Fighter/Attack Branch, Logistics Operations, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. 1983 - 1985, Chief, Tactical Mission Assessment Division, Logistics Operations Center, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 1985 - 1986, Deputy Director, Tactical Force Structure Directorate, Logistics Operations Center, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. 1986 - 1990, Deputy Director, Financial Management and Financial Policy, Materiel Management, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1990 - 1993, Director, Human Resources Development Directorate, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 1993 - 1996, Deputy Director, Personnel, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 1996 - 1997, Chief, Materiel Management Division, Systems Management, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 1997 - 2000, Chief, Acquisition Logistics Division, F-16 System Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. 2000 - 2003, Deputy Program Director, F-16 SPO, later, Director, F-117 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. 2003 - 2005, Director, Air Combat SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. 2005 - 2006, Director, Long Range Strike Systems Wing, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. 2006 - present, Director, 326th Aeronautical Systems Wing, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
1981 Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business and Administration Honor Society
1982 National Award, Outstanding Graduate Student, Society of Logistics Engineers
1987 Outstanding Young Men of America
1996 and 2002 Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
1999 Senior Acquisition Logistics Award, Aeronautical Systems Center
2007 Outstanding Civilian Career Service Award
2007 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
1991 - 2007 Board of Trustees, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Educational Fund
2004 - 2007 Vice President, Western Ohio Chapter, Senior Executives Association
Air Force Association
1993 Acquisition Logistics, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
1993 Financial Management, Level III, APDP
1994 Program Management, Level III, APDP
(Current as of October 2007)