Virginia L. Williamson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director, Command, Control, Communications and Computer Systems, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She facilitates continuous improvement and innovation in the development of policies, plans and programs pertaining to technical integration of C4 information management systems. These efforts impact all areas of joint service force deployment and logistics operations.
Ms. Williamson's government career began during college summer breaks in June 1972 when she worked in personnel for the Air Force Logistics Command at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Hired full time in 1975, she served in a variety of positions for the Air Force Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson AFB, including supply cataloger, equipment specialist, operations research analyst and major modernization system program manager. Ms. Williamson also served as Director of Program Control at the Materiel Systems Center, Deputy Director of Logistics Information Systems at the Electronic Systems Center, and Deputy Program Executive Officer for Command and Control and Combat Support Systems at the Pentagon.
Prior to assuming her current position, Ms. Williamson was the special assistant to the Chief Information Officer for the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2002.
1975 Bachelor of Science degree in math and psychology, Ball State University, Muncie, Ind.
1981 Master of Science degree in engineering management, University of Dayton, Ohio
2000 Executive Program Manager's Course, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2002 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Washington, D.C.
2004 Apex for Senior Leaders, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1975 - June 1976, medical transcriber, 74th Medical Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. June 1976 - December 1977, supply cataloger and equipment specialist, Cataloging and Standardization Center, Battle Creek, Mich.
3. December 1977 - June 1987, operations research analyst, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. June 1987 - January 1991, program manager, Logistics Management Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. January 1991 - November 1992, Director of Logistics Information Systems, Materiel Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. November 1992 - May 1995, Director of Program Control, Materiel Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. May 1995 - February 1997, Director of Requirements and Supply Systems, Materiel Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. February 1997 - August 2000, Deputy Director of Logistics Information System Program Office, Electronic Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. August 2000 - January 2002, Acting Air Force Program Executive Officer, Logistics Information Systems, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. January 2002 - January 2004, Deputy Air Force Program Executive Officer for Command and Control, and Combat Support Systems, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. January 2004 - August 2004, special assistant to the Chief Information Officer for the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. August 2004 - present, Deputy Director, Command, Control, Communications and Computer Systems, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1991 Logistics Weapon Systems Support Award, Air Force Association
1992 Superior Management Award, Department of Defense
1992 - 2002 Performance awards
1993 Logistics Civilian Career Enhancement Program
1992 - present, Coordinator and coach, Odyssey of the Mind
1998 State judge, Odyssey of the Mind
1998 - 2003, Soccer coach
2000 - 2003, Coordinator and coach, Destination Imagination
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
1991 - present, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
1995 - 2002, Position Evaluation Panel chair
1997 - present, The Smithsonian Institution
"Opportunistic Base and Depot Maintenance Policies of F100 Engines in F-15 Aircraft," Air Force Journal of Logistics, Winter 1980
Co-author, "Supporting Diverse Logistics Analysis through WSMIS," National Aerospace and Electronics Conference, May 1988
"'Come as You Are' Logistics Data Availability," Logistics Officers Association, May 2002
1994 Program Management, Level III
1994 Communications-Computer Acquisition, Level III
1994 Acquisition Logistics, Level I
(Current as of October 2004)