Michael C. Mehrman, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As the command's chief financial civilian, he is responsible for the financial planning and fiscal execution of more than 35 percent of the Air Force appropriated budget, to include the Air Force's research, development, test, acquisition and sustainment programs.
He serves as Deputy Principal Financial Adviser to the Air Force Materiel Command Commander and is responsible for identifying funding requirements, building the command's budgets, administering the Air Force Working Capital Fund and executing Air Force Materiel Command's annual budget program of over $60 billion; and providing military, civilian and contractor pay service to some 80,000 personnel. He also oversees over 3,000 professional financial managers providing vital services supporting the command's units worldwide, including ten major bases.
Prior to his current assignment, Mr. Mehrman was Deputy Director, Budget Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
1987 Bachelor of Science degree, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
1991 Master of Business Administration, Western New England College, Springfield, Mass.
1995 Squadron Officer School (in residence)
1995 Air Command and Staff College (seminar)
1999 Air War College (seminar)
2006 Center for Creative Leadership
2007 Federal Executive Institute
2008 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar
2010 Industrial College of the Armed Forces
1. July 1984 - July 1987, Student Trainee, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
2. June 1987 - June 1989, Budget Analyst, Joint Worldwide Military Command & Control System Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. June 1989 - September 1992, Budget Analyst, Strategic Communications System Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. September 1992 - January 1995, Cost Estimator, Standard Systems Center, Gunter Annex- Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. January 1995 - September 1997, Budget Analyst, Space Test Program System Program Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
6. September 1997 - November 1999, Flying Hour Analyst, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. November 1999 - August 2001, Chief Budget Branch, Air Force Pentagon Communications Agency, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. August 2001 - January 2004, Chief Acquisition Support Branch, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. January 2004 - June 2006, Deputy Division Chief, Financial Management Analysis Division, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. June 2006 - July 2009, Director, Financial Management Directorate, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. July 2009 - June 2010, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2010 - March 2012, Chief, Budget Operations Division, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
13. March 2012 - July 2013, Chief Financial Officer, Wounded Warrior Care & Transition Policy Office, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington D.C.
14. July 2013 - March 2016, Deputy Director, Budget Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management and Comptroller, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. March 2016 - present, Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records
(Current as of January 2017)