Robert J. Arnold, a Senior Level executive, is Technical Adviser, 46th Test Wing, Air Armament Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. He provides technical guidance to all echelons of the test wing. He is responsible for the Improvement and Modernization Program for wing facilities, and for reviewing test directives and technical reports. He assures that long-range planning activities are initiated and developed to meet future test capability needs. As chairman of the Eglin Encroachment Committee, he ensures that mission critical natural resources are preserved. He also is responsible for strengthening and expanding community partnerships locally, regionally and throughout the state of Florida.
Mr. Arnold began his career in industry as an aerospace engineer. Later he managed missile, A-7 and F-8 weapon programs at contractor, Navy, and Air Force test and evaluation facilities. In earlier positions with the Air Force, he led the A-10 and F-15 weapon test programs at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. At Eglin AFB, Mr. Arnold has managed the testing and evaluation of nearly every weapon and aircraft type in the Air Force inventory. He formed the Corporate Plans Office, later the Requirements Directorate, for the Air Force Development Test Center, where he established and led the strategic planning program. He also institutionalized modernization planning and put into operation a command-wide, single-face-to-customer office. He established the Plans and Programs Directorate for a newly created Air Armament Center, and led plans for the inaugural Air Armament Summit to shape the future of air armament.
1962 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace engineering, University of Florida 1980 Master of Science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
1989 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. June 1962 - July 1964, associate aerospace engineer, Ling Temco Vought Aerospace Company, Dallas, Texas
2. August 1964 - February 1966, aerospace design engineer, Ling Temco Vought Aerospace Company, Dallas, Texas
3. March 1966 - September 1969, lead aerospace design engineer, Ling Temco Vought Aerospace Company, Dallas, Texas
4. October 1969 - March 1974, specialist aerospace design engineer, Eglin AFB Detachment, Ling Temco Vought Aerospace Company, Dallas, Texas
5. April 1974 - February 1977, Chief, Edwards AFB Detachment, Air Force Armament Laboratory, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. March 1977 - April 1981, compatibility program manager, Air Force Armament Laboratory, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. May 1981 - August 1984, Chief, Project Engineering Section, Aircraft Compatibility Branch, Air Force Armament Laboratory, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. September 1984 - May 1985, Chief, Office for Aircraft Compatibility, 3246th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. June 1985 - September 1998, Chief, Corporate Plans Office, later, the Requirements Directorate, Munitions Systems Division, later redesignated the Air Force Development Test Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. October 1998 - May 1999, acting Director, Plans and Programs Directorate, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
11. June 1999 - present, Technical Adviser, 46th Test Wing, Air Armament Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Engineering Achievement Award, Ling Temco Vought Aerospace Company
Certificate of Merit, Air Force Systems Command
Management Award, Munitions Systems Division
Civilian of the Year, Air Force Systems Command
General Lewis Brereton Award, Florida Air Force Association
2006 Meritorious Senior Professional Presidential Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
International Test and Evaluation Association
Association of Old Crows
National Defense Industrial Association
Air Force Association
Florida Aviation Aerospace Alliance
Ex-officio, Florida Defense Alliance
Ex-officio, Okaloosa County Economic Development Council
Ex-officio, Fort Walton Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization
Executive Committee, Range Commanders Council
Test and Evaluation Reliance Integration Board
(Current as of November 2006)