1972 Distinguished military graduate, Bachelor of Arts degree in English, University of California, Berkeley
1973 U.S. Army Ranger Course
1976 Master of Business Administration degree, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
1984 Master of Arts degree in higher and adult education, Teachers College, Columbia University, N.Y.
1988 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College
1989 U.S. Army Inspector General Course
1993 U.S. Army Professor of Military Science Course
1997 Doctor of Education in human resource development, Vanderbilt University, Tenn.
2005 Senior Executive Service Seminar, Maxwell, AFB, Ala.
2006 U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School, Senior Executive Short Course, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2007 Institute for New Chief Academic Officers, American Council on Education, Washington, D.C.
2007 Institute for Educational Management, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. 1973 - 1974, training officer and executive officer, Basic Combat Training, Fort Ord, Calif.
2. 1974 - 1976, graduate student in business administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
3. 1977 - 1980, battalion motor officer, rifle company commander and battalion executive officer, 2nd Battalion, 36th Infantry Battalion (Mechanized), 3rd Armored Division, Kirchgoens, West Germany
4. 1980 - 1984, assistant professor, Department of Behavioral Science and Leadership, U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
5. 1984 - 1985, special plans officer, Armed Forces (Presidential) Inaugural Committee, Washington, D.C.
6. 1985 - 1985, professional development researcher, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Study Group, Office of the Army Chief of Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. 1985 - 1987, personnel staff officer, Leader Policy Division, Human Resources Directorate, Headquarters Department of the Army, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
8. 1987 - 1988, Chief, Force Development and Systems Integration, U.S. Army 3rd Armored Division, Frankfurt, West Germany
9. 1988 - 1991, Chief of Plans, Analysis and Operations, Inspector General's Office, U.S. Army V Corps, Germany
10. 1991 - 1993, special assistant to the Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Southern Command, Panama
11. 1993 - 1995, professor of military science and Director, Army Officer Education, Vanderbilt University, Tenn.
12. 1995 - 1998, instructor, Department of Human and Organization Development, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University, Tenn.
13. 1998 - 2002, Founding Director of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Program and Chair, Walker School of Business, Mercyhurst College, Penn.
14. 2002 - 2005, Founding Dean and professor of management, School of Business, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Penn.
15. 2005 - 2011 Chief Academic Officer, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
16. 2011 - present, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1970 - 1972 Letters and Sciences honor student at University of California, Berkeley
1971 Army ROTC Leadership Award
1971 Jaycees Outstanding Young American Men
1974 - 1976 Army top five percent Fellowship
2008, 2012 Civilian Performance Award
2009, 2011 Notable Achievement Award
2010 Special Act or Achievement Award
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIAITONS
Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honorary Business Society
Academy of Management
American Society for Training and Development
Association of Chief Academic Officers of the Southern States
2000 - 2002 Board of Directors, Sales and Marketing Association of Erie
2005 - present Board of Directors, Alabama River Region United Way
2005 - 2011 Board of Trustees, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
2006 - 2011 Board of Governors, Capital City Club of Montgomery
2012 – present Appeals Committee, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
(Current as of August 2013)