Kerry Kelley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of C4 Systems; Chief Information Officer; and Director, Joint Cyber Center for the U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
As Director, C4 Systems, Ms. Kelley is responsible for providing and assuring global-integrated C4 systems capabilities for the full spectrum of assigned missions. The USSTRATCOM mission requires a range of C4 systems to support national-level decision making and to conduct nuclear, global strike, space, and cyberspace operations.
As the CIO, she is responsible for the strategic planning, development, budgeting and implementation of the USSTRATCOM enterprise information environment. In this capacity, she oversees the USSTRATCOM information technology governance process, including its capital planning, business process improvements, and portfolio management. She develops and issues policy and guidance to ensure proper information resource management and Clinger-Cohen Act compliance.
As the Director of the USSTRATCOM Joint Cyber Center, she is responsible for the operations and defense of the information environment for USSTRATCOM Headquarters, providing oversight of USSTRATCOM cyber key terrain and prioritization and oversight of assigned cyber mission forces.
Ms. Kelley entered Senior Executive Service in July 2007. She was born in Canton, Ill., and graduated from Creighton University, Omaha, Neb., in 1984 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and earned a Master of Science degree in Operations Research from Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill., in 1985. Ms. Kelley has attended the Harvard Senior Executive Fellowship Course, George Washington University National Security Studies Program, Harvard Senior Executives in National and International Security, Center for Creative Leadership U.S. Air Force Senior Leadership Program, and Senior Defense Acquisition Systems Management Course.
1984 Bachelor of Science degree in applied mathematics, Creighton University
1985 Master of Science degree in operations research, Northwestern University
1. September 1985 - November 1988, operations research analyst, Office of Science and Research, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. July 1989 - July 1990, operations research analyst, Strategic Mission Planning Task Force, SAC, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. July 1990 - June 1992, force structure analyst, Plans and Resources Directorate, SAC, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. June 1992 - June 1995, force structure analyst, Force Assessments Division, Plans and Policy Directorate, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. June 1995 - March 1997, Chief, Science and Technology Branch, Plans and Policy Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
6. March 1997 - December 2000, Chief, Long Range Planning Branch, Policy Division, Plans and Policy Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. December 2000 - June 2003, Science and Technology Adviser, Programs and Requirements Division, Plans and Policy Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. June 2003 - November 2004, Chief, Space and Missile Defense Analysis Branch, Force Assessments Division, Policy, Resources and Requirements Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. November 2004 - September 2005, Chief, Experimentation and Strategy Division, Capability and Resource Integration Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. September 2005 - June 2006, Deputy Chief, Future Capabilities Division, Capability and Resource Integration Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
11. June 2006 - July 2007, Deputy Chief and Senior Technical Adviser NETOPS/NETWAR Division, Capability and Resource Integration Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
12. July 2007 - May 2010, Associate Director, Capability and Resource Integration Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
13. May 2010 - present, Director, Command, Control, Communications and Computer Systems, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Presidential Rank Award
Air Force Special Act/Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Decoration for Exemplary Civilian Service
(Current as of April 2015)