Brig. Gen. Gary Blaszkiewicz is the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. He is responsible for policy, budget and oversight of the command's aircraft maintenance, munitions, supply, transportation and logistics plans activities. He provides logistics direction to the more than 20,000 logistics personnel assigned to nearly 700 units nationwide supporting 389 attack, fighter, air refueling, strategic and tactical airlift, special operations and surveillance aircraft. The general leads a directorate staff of more than 120 civilian, air reserve technician, traditional reservist and active-duty people here and overseas with combined budgets of more than $1.5 billion.
General Blaszkiewicz received his commission in 1978 through the ROTC program at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. He then completed the Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course at Chanute Air Force Base, Ill. The general served on active duty for seven years, entering the Air Force Reserve in 1985. During his military career, he has held command positions at the squadron and group levels. Prior to his current position, he was the Associate Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. As an Air Reserve Technician, the general holds dual status as a civil service employee and an Air Force Reservist.
1978 Bachelor of Arts degree in geography, University of Minnesota, Duluth
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1985 Master of Arts degree in management and supervision, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
2000 Air War College, by correspondence
1. March 1979 - November 1979, flightline maintenance officer, 89th Organizational Maintenance Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
2. November 1979 - March 1980, officer in charge, Special Mission Flightline Branch, 89th OMS, Andrews AFB, Md.
3. March 1980 - November 1980, special mission maintenance supervisor, 89th Military Airlift Wing, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. November 1980 - May 1981, assistant maintenance control officer, 89th MAW, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. October 1981 - March 1982, Chief of Maintenance, 2952nd Combat Logistics Support Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
6. March 1982 - April 1984, Director of Logistics, 2952nd CLSS, Hill AFB, Utah
7. April 1984 - November 1985, Chief, CLSS Branch, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. November 1985 - November 1986, aircraft maintenance supervisor, 401st CLSS, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. November 1986 - July 1992, Chief of Maintenance, 401st CLSS, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 1992 - October 1994, Commander, 401st CLSS, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. October 1994 - July 1996, Commander, 445th CLSS, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. July 1996 - July 1999, Vice Commander, 445th Logistics Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. July 1999 - February 2000, Deputy Commander, 913th Logistics Group, Willow Grove Air Reserve Station, Pa.
14. February 2000 - September 2001, Commander, 913th Logistics Group, Willow Grove ARS, Pa.
15. September 2001 - September 2003, Commander, 433rd Maintenance Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
16. September 2003 - January 2009, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
17. January 2009 - September 2010, Associate Director, Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. October 2010 - present, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass and two 'M' devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 10, 1978
First Lieutenant Sept. 15, 1980
Captain Sept. 15, 1982
Major May 1, 1987
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 1998
Colonel Jan. 30, 2003
Brigadier General Feb. 2, 2010
(Current as of October 2010)