Jennifer L. Miller, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Energy, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. Ms. Miller is responsible for the formulation, review and execution of plans, policies, programs and budgets to meet Air Force installations, energy, environment, safety and occupational health objectives.
Prior to assuming her current position, Ms. Miller served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virgina. She was responsible for the management, policy and oversight of Air Force installation programs. These included base realignments and closures, installations planning and strategy, strategic basing, the Air Force Environmental Impact Analysis Process, compatible and joint land use, encroachment management, public/private partnerships, the Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration program, housing and real property transactions. She also previously served as Deputy General Counsel, Installations, Environment and Energy Division, Office of the Air Force General Counsel.
Prior to becoming a member of the Senior Executive Service, Ms. Miller spent several years supporting the Air Force’s real property and housing privatization programs. Before that, she was a real estate attorney at a Seattle law firm. She is also an Army Reserve Judge Advocate. In 2013 and 2014, she deployed with a special operations joint task force in Afghanistan, and in 2018 and 2019 she served as the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate for United States European Command in Stuttgart, Germany. She currently supports United States Indo-Pacific Command exercises as an Operational Law Reserve Attorney.
1997 Bachelor of Arts, Politics, Philosophy and Economics, magna cum laude, Claremont McKenna College, Calif.
2001 Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, Seattle University, Wash.
2001 Master of Business Administration, Seattle University, Wash.
1. 1997, Legal Intern, Smith & Zuccarini, P.S., Bellevue, Wash.
2. 1998 – 1999, Legal Intern, Kent City Attorney's Office, Kent, Wash.
3. 1999 – 2000, Tax Associate, Arthur Anderson, Seattle
4. 2000 – 2001, Legal Intern, Foster Pepper, PLLC, Seattle
5. 2001 – 2005, Associate, Foster Pepper, PLLC, Seattle
6. 2005 – 2007, Senior Counsel, Secretary of the Air Force/General Counsel - Air Force Housing Privatization (AFCEE/HP)
7. 2007 – 2008, Senior Counsel, SAF/GCN - Air Force Real Property Agency
8. 2008 – 2009, Chief Counsel, SAF/GCN - AFRPA
9. 2009 – 2011, Chief Counsel, SAF/GCN - San Antonio (AFCEE/HP and AFRPA)
10. 2011 – 2015, Deputy General Counsel, Installations, Energy and Environment
11. 2015 – 2020, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations
12. 2020 – present, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Energy
AWARDS AND HONORS
Presidential Rank Award
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Army Achievement Medal
District of Columbia Bar
Phi Beta Kappa
(Current as of February 2020)