Daniel C. Holtzman, has been appointed as the Air Force Highly Qualified Expert, Cyber Technical Director assigned to the Air Force Materiel Command Life Cycle Management Center at Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts, where he serves as the nationally/internationally recognized authority in the areas of cyber security, program protection planning, security engineering, supply chain risk management, mission/system assurance and resiliency. As the Cyber Security Engineering and Resilience Senior Leader, Mr. Holtzman’s responsibilities include being the technical authority for: security engineering, cyber resiliency and systems/mission assurance; engineering resilient systems; and defensive security engineering. Mr. Holtzman has also been appointed as the authorizing official for USAF Command & Control Information Technology and Rabid Cyber Acquisition Information Technology. Prior to this appointment Mr. Holtzman served as the Air Force chief engineer for a Joint US/NATO aircraft modernization program and a USAF aircraft modernization program, successfully navigating two production decision milestones and also served as the appointed anti-tamper lead for the Program Executive Officer for Battle Management.
Mr. Holtzman has more than 30 years of experience in large scale systems engineering and high assurance weapon systems acquisitions, in support of the U.S. Department of Defense and NATO; working for public and private industry and federally funded research and development centers. He has participated on numerous senior study teams, including studies conducted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Mr. Holtzman was recruited for a chief information officer assignment at a publically traded company, and has participated in technology development research and adaption to military systems acquisitions.
1987 Bachelors of Science, Computer Science, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
1998 Masters of Science, Information Systems, with Honors, Strayer University, Washington, D.C.
1. 1983 – 1984, Software Engineer, Co-op, U.S. Department of Transportation, Cambridge, Mass.
2. 1984 – May 1987, Software Engineer, Co-op, The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.
3. July 1987 – 1988, Computer Scientist, VRI, Bedford, Mass.
4. 1988 – 1989, Simulation Analyst, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
5. 1989 – 1990, Technical Director, Strategic Defense Initiative, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
6. 1990 – 1991, Task Lead, Ballistic Missile Defense, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
7. 1991 – 1993, Team Lead, National Test Bed, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
8. 1993 – 1995, Program Manager, Ballistic Missile Defense Programs, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
9. 1995 – 1996, Director, Information Systems, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
10. 1996 - 1997, Director, C4I Programs, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
11. 1997 – 1999, General Manager, Information Technology Division, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
12. 1999 – 2000, General Manager, Information Technology & Defense Services Division, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
13. 2000 – 2001, Chief Information Officer, VRI, Fairfax, Va.
14. 2001 – 2001, Chief Information Officer, Nextera Enterprises, Inc. Boston, Mass.
15. 2001 – 2002, Principle Staff, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
16. 2003 – 2006, NATO AWACS Chief Engineer, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
17. 2006 – 2009, USAF 636th ELSS Deputy Chief Engineer, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
18. 2010 – 2013, Technical Integration Section Leader, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
19. 2013 – 2014, Chief Air Force Cyber Integration, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
20. 2014 – 2016, Chief AF Cyber Integration & Systems Security Engineering Portfolio Manager, MITRE, Bedford, Mass.
21. 2016 – present, Cyber Technical Director, Highly Qualified Expert (HQE), USAF, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Ballistic Missile Defense National Test Bed Study Group, 1992
Ballistic Missile Defense Joint National Test Facility Study Group, 1993-1997
OSD Decision Support Center, UAV/MILSATCOM Senior Review Group, 1997 - 1998
Ballistic Missile Defense Joint National Test Facility Technical Advisory Panel, 1997 - 1998
International Who’s who of Professionals, 1998
International Who’s who of Professionals, 2004
USAF Battle Management Systems Wing Quality Award, 2004
USAF 551st ELSG Engineer of the Quarter, 2004
USAF 551st ELSG Team of the Year, 2006
USAF 636th ELSS Engineer of the Quarter, December 2006
USAF 551st ELSG Team of the Year, US AWACS Block 40/45, 2008
USAF 636th ELSS Engineer of the Year, 2008
USAF 636th ELSS Engineer of the Quarter, March 2008
USAF 636th ELSS Engineer of the Quarter, 2010
USAF PEO Battle Management CPI/AT Lead, 2012 – 2016
MITRE Directors Award, for Air Force Mission Assurance Engineering, 2013
MITRE Officer’s Award, Deliver Transformational Solutions that drive Mission Success, 2015
MITRE Naval Portfolio Bravo Zulu Award, 2015
ACQUISITION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM CERTIFICATIONS
MITRE LeadFirst Leadership Development Program
MITRE Leadership Development Program
Network Security Administration
Integrated Baseline Reviews
Contracting for Off the Shelf Procurements
Trusted Software Development
(Current as of March 2017)