Ms. Theresa “Terri” Sanchez,a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Readiness and Talent Management Directorate for the Deputy Chief of Staff for ISR at Air Force Headquarters in the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. She leads the development of policy and strategy and exercises oversight of intelligence career field standards, training and professional development for over 40,000 officer, enlisted and civilian total force Airmen. Additionally, she is responsible for the readiness and global force management of the Air Force's intelligence Airmen supporting 10 Air Force Major Commands, two Air Reserve Components, the Joint Staff and nine Combatant Commands. Ms. Sanchez is also the Functional Authority for the Air Force Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System and leads the Air Force's participation in the Joint Duty Assignment Program for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. She also serves as the Deputy Air Force Senior Language Authority.
Ms. Sanchez’ federal service career includes leading ISR operations and program management activities at squadron, wing and Air Force Major Command levels. While assigned to the AF ISR Agency, she served as the Director of Plans and Programs, Director of Manpower and Personnel and was appointed as the Agency’s Executive Director. After completing Air War College in-residence, Ms. Sanchez established the Air Force element at the National Geospatial Agency. While serving as the Air Force ISR Senior Language Authority, Ms. Sanchez deployed to HQ ISAF, Kabul, Afghanistan to serve as the Senior Language Advisor to the Combined Force, Deputy Director for Intelligence.
1991 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
2000 Joint Information Warfare Staff Operations Course
2002 Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degree, summa cum laude, Texas State University, San Marcos
2004 Executive Development Seminar
2005 Master of Arts degree in Management/Leadership, Webster University, Mo.
2009 Master of National Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 National Strategic Studies, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. June 1982 – June 1986, Cryptologic Language Analyst, Electronics Security Command
2. July 1986 – December 1992, Air Force Civilian Intelligence Specialist, Consolidated Security Operations Center, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
3. January 1993 – February 1994, Chief Division Intel Operator/Analyst Training, CSOC, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
4. March 1994 – December 1995, Senior Intel Specialist, CSOC, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
5. January 1996 – May 1996, Chief Production Division, CSOC, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
6. June 1996 - June 1997, Deputy Chief Collection & Reporting Division, Medina Regional Security Operations Center, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
7. June 1997 - September 1999, Deputy Chief Western Hemisphere Division, Medina RSOC, Medina Annex Lackland AFB, Texas
8. October 1999, Selected to participate in the Air Intelligence Agency Civilian Career Management Program, HQ Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
9. October 1999 - June 2003, Mission Support Planner, HQ Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
10. July 2003 – August 2004, Chief, ISR Modernization, HQ Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
11. September 2004 – August 2006, Chief Requirements Division, HQ Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
12. August 2006 – December 2006, Executive Director, HQ Air Intelligence Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
13. January 2007 – July 2008, Director, Manpower and Personnel, HQ Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, Texas
14. August 2008- July 2009, Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. August 2009 – October 2011, Director Air Force Geospatial Office, Headquarters National Geospatial Agency, Springfield, Va.
16. November 2011- May 2012, Senior Intelligence Advisor, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence/Joint Warfighter Capabilities/Cyber Capabilities Operations Support Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. June 2012- September 2012, Air Force ISR Senior Language Authority/Air Force Deputy Senior Language Authority, Headquarters AF/A2, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
18. October 2012 –February 2013, Senior Language Advisor to CJ2, Southwest Asia
19. March 2013- April 2016, Air Force ISR Senior Language Authority/Air Force Deputy Senior Language Authority, Headquarters AF/A2, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
20. April 2016-January 2017, Detailed as the Director of Staff for the Deputy Chief of Staff, Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
21. January 2017-July 2018, Director, Asymmetric Advantage Airmen, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
22. July 2018-resent, Director, ISR Readiness and Talent Management, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate, HQ AF/A2, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Civilian Service Award with three oak leaf clusters
Exemplary Civilian Service Award with two oak leaf clusters
2002 AIA Plans and Programs Senior Civilian of the Year
2001 AIA Senior Civilian of the Year
2000 Gordon Sommers Award, ISR Professional of the Year, Senior Level
1999 Intelligence Community Field Star Award for Leadership
1999 Intelligence Community Director of Operations’ Collectors Award
1998 93 IS Civilian of the Year
1998 543 IG Civilian of the Year
Certified Public Manager, Texas State University, San Marcos
Certified Intelligence Community Officer, Office Director of National intelligence, Washington D.C.
(Current as of February 2019)