Maj. Gen. Laura L. Lenderman is the Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. She is responsible for policy, guidance, oversight and providing forces for rapid global mobility air operations around the world. These functions include airfield operations, Civil Reserve Air Fleet management and commercial carrier compliance, command and control and air operations center functional management, nuclear operations, global force management, air expeditionary force oversight, resource and readiness review monitoring, aircrew training, aircrew standardization and evaluation, joint exercise and commander's training guidance.
Maj. Gen. Lenderman graduated from Duke University with an Electrical Engineering degree in 1993. After attending pilot training at Columbus AFB, Mississippi, she served several tours flying the KC-135 Stratotanker. She has commanded the 15th Air Mobility Operations Squadron at Travis AFB, California, served as the Vice Commander of the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing in Southwest Asia and has commanded the 375th Air Mobility Wing at Scott AFB, Illinois and the 502nd Air Base Wing at Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
Her staff assignments include serving as the Chief, Commander’s Action Group and Executive Officer to the commander, Air Mobility Command; Analysis Branch Chief, Joint Staff J-8; and Deputy Director-Military, Strategic Plans, Policy and Logistics, U.S. Transportation Command. Prior to her current position, Maj. Gen. Lenderman served as Director of Plans, Programs and Requirements at Headquarters Air Education and Training Command.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master of Science, Business Administration and Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2006 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Science, Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 National Security Research Fellow, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. March 1994–March 1995, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
2. March 1995–July 1998, KC-135R Pilot/Aircraft Commander, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
3. July 1998–August 2000, Student, Air Force Intern Program, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. August 2000–August 2003, KC-135R Instructor Pilot, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. August 2003-July 2005, KC-135R Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Altus AFB, Okla.
6. July 2005-June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 2006-June 2007, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2007–June 2009, Commander, 15th Air Mobility Operations Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. June 2009–June 2010, National Security Research Fellow, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
10. June 2010–July 2012, Chief, Commander's Action Group and Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. July 2012–August 2013, Vice Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
12. August 2013–August 2015, Chief, Analysis Branch, Program and Budget Analysis Division, Joint Staff J-8, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. August 2015–August 2017, Commander, 375th Air Mobility Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. August 2017–June 2018, Deputy Director-Military, Strategic Plans, Policy and Logistics, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. June 2018–June 2020, Commander, 502nd Air Base Wing and Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
16. June 2020–July 2021, Director of Plans, Programs, and Requirements, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
17. July 2021–present, Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,000
Aircraft Flown: KC-135R/T, KC-10, C-21A
January 2008, "The Rise of Air Mobility and Its Generals," Air University Press
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 21, 1993
First Lieutenant Sept. 21, 1995
Captain Sept. 21, 1997
Major Feb. 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel Sept. 1, 2011
Brigadier General Aug. 1, 2018
Major General May 7, 2021
(Current as of September 2021)