Heidi Scheppers, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She is responsible for supporting the Director of Security Forces by providing executive leadership, direction, broad technical knowledge, and executive-level strategic continuity for a wholewide force of 38,000 Active-Duty and Reserve component security forces personnel conducting physical security, antiterrorism, force protection and policing operations. She is also the functional manager for the 1,100-person Department of the Air Force civilian police force.
Mrs. Scheppers was commissioned in 1991 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. She served 14 years on active duty with the Air Force and entered the Department of Defense Civil Service and Air Force Reserves in 2005. As an Air Force officer, Colonel Scheppers has more than 27 years of experience as security forces, services, personnel, intelligence, cyber, and doctrine liaison officer serving in a broad range of Air Force unit, wing, major command, numbered Air Force, combatant command, headquarters staff, and combined operational staff and command positions. These assignments included operations officer; executive officer; aide-de-camp to the Deputy Commander, United Nations Command, U.S. Forces Korea; Air University Faculty Chair; two-time group commander and a three-time squadron commander. Prior to this assignment, Mrs. Scheppers was Deputy Director, Air Forces Cyber-Forward, Fort Meade, Maryland.
1991 Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Business Administration, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1991 – September 1992, Flight Leader, Missile Security Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
2. October 1992 – September 1993, Section Commander, 55th SFS, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. October 1993 – March 1994, Det Chief of Security Forces, Colombia, South America
4. April 1994 – May 1995, United States Strategic Command, Elite Guard Flight Commander, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. June 1995 – May 1998, Commander/Operations Officer, 56th SFS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. June 1998 – June 2001, Chief Support Operations Branch/Executive Officer, HQ Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. July 2001 – July 2002, Operations Officer, 55th SFS, Osan AB, Korea
8. July 2002 – July 2003, Aide-de-Camp, Deputy Commander, United Nations Command/United States Forces Korea, Commander 7th AF, Osan AB, Korea
9. July 2003 – July 2004, Commander, 46 SFS, Buckley AFB, Colo.
10. August 2004 – August 2005, Chief of Protocol, Aerospace Data Facility, Buckley AFB, Colo.
11. August 2004 – September 2006, Chief, Military Equal Opportunity, 140th WG, COANG, Buckley AFB, Colo.
12. August 2004 – August 2006, Executive Officer (GS-13), National Security Agency/Central Security Service, Buckley AFB, Colo.
13. June 2006 – November 2008, Commander, 75th SFS, Hill AFB, Utah
14. August 2006 – June 2008, Director, Human Development & Executive Officer (GS-14), National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Integration Operations Center, Denver, Colo.
15. June 2008 – January 2009, National Geospatial-intelligence Agency Faculty Chair/Deputy Director Intelligence Division, Air University, LeMay Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. January 2009 – April 2009, Chief, Commander’s Action Group, Air University, LeMay Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. June 2009 – September 2010, Senior Executive Officer, Director, Directorate of Logistics, Installations & Mission Support, HQ Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
18. September 2010 – July 2012, Chief, Integration & Resources Division (GS-15), Directorate of Logistics, Installations & Mission Support, HQ Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
19. September 2012 – April 2013, Chief, Force Support Integration, HQ USAF, Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
20. June 2013 – January 2015, Chief of Security Forces, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
21. February 2015 – March 2016, IMA to the Director, Installations and Mission Support, HQ Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
22. October 2015 - March 2018, Deputy Director, Air Forces Cyber-Forward, Fort Meade, Md.
23. April 2018 - present, Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering
and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal, with two oak leaf clusters
Humanitarian Service Medal
2003 Air Force Space Command Best Medium Security Forces Squadron
2001 Pacific Air Force’s Best Antiterrorism/Force Protection Program
2000 AETC Doris R. McCrosson Outstanding Security Forces Supervisor
1999 AETC Security Forces Officer of the Year
1991 Women’s Rugby National Champion, Div I
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 2, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major May 1, 2002
GS-13 September 6, 2005
GS-14 August 16, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel December 22, 2008
GS-15 September 12, 2010
Colonel April 14, 2014
Senior Executive Service April 2, 2018
(Current as of June 2018)