Todd L. Remington, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director, Manpower, Organization and Resources, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. Mr. Remington provides policy, guidance and oversight for development of Air Force manpower requirements and the programming of the $47 billion Air Force manpower account, consisting of more than 685,000 total-force manpower resources. Additionally, he assists in providing policy and guidance for manpower data systems, strategic manpower sourcing and organizational structure for the Air Force manpower enterprise.
Mr. Remington served in the Air Force and in the Air National Guard for 22 years before retiring from the Air Force and starting his civil service career in 2007.
Prior to his current position, he served as Director of Manpower and Personnel, Air Force Office of Special Investigations. He also served as Chief, Manpower, Civilian Personnel and Readiness Division, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command. On the Secretariat Staff, he was the principal advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs on Manpower, Organization, Military Personnel Appropriation program and issues related to employment of the Air Reserve Component for active duty operational support. On the Headquarters Air Force Staff, he served as Deputy Chief of both the Strategic Sourcing and Program Development Divisions, Directorate of Manpower, Organization and Resources.
1995 Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
1999 Master of Science, Management and Human Resources, Troy State University, Troy, Ala.
2000 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Master of Science, Strategic Studies, Air University, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. 1985–1995, Air Force Enlisted, Multiple Tours in Manpower Management, Recruiting and Logistics
2. 1995–1996, Manpower Analyst, Manpower Officer, 55th Wing, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
3. 1996–1999, Manpower Programmer, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
4. 1999–2001, Manpower Programmer, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
5. 2001–2002, Organization Development Analyst, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
6. 2002–2005, Manpower Programmer, Air Directorate, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
7. 2005–2007, Chief, Manpower Resources and Systems Branch, Air Directorate, NGB, Arlington, Va.
8. 2007–2008, Chief, Manpower Requirements Branch, Air Directorate, NGB, Arlington, Va.
9. 2008–2009, Management Analyst, Washington Headquarters Services, Rosslyn, Va.
10. 2009–2011, Deputy Chief, Strategic Sourcing Division, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. 2011–2012, Deputy Chief, Program Development Division, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. 2012–2014, Assistant for Total Force Manpower, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. 2014–2015, In-Residence Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. 2015–2017, Chief, Manpower, Civilian Personnel and Readiness Division, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
15. 2017–2019, Director, Manpower and Personnel, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Guard Bureau Distinguished Civilian Service Award
Distinguished Graduate Officer Training School
(Current as of January 2020)