Brig. Gen. Paul D. Moga is the Chief of Staff at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe – Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. He develops and implements, policies, plans and programs on behalf of the Commander for the strategic planning and operational execution of forces in support of U.S. European Command and U.S. Africa Command. He directs and supervises the organization and administration of the headquarters, guiding the management and sustainment of forces across two areas of responsibility spanning 104 countries.
Brig. Gen. Moga is a 1995 graduate from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He earned his pilot wings at Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas, and went on to fly the F-15C Eagle as an operational and formal training unit Instructor Pilot. His assignments include F-22 Raptor FTU Initial Instructor Pilot Cadre, first F-22 Demonstration Team Commander, Senior Leader Management Division Chief at Air Combat Command, the NATO Defense College, and Deputy Division Chief in the U.S. European Command. He has commanded at the squadron, vice wing and wing level. Prior to his current position, the general was the Commandant of Cadets at the U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado. In this role he commanded the 4,300-member Cadet Wing and more than 200 Air Force and civilian personnel, guiding Basic-Cadet and Expeditionary Skills Training for the Air Force Cadet Wing.
1995 Bachelor of Science, Biology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Master of Science, Criminal Justice, Southwest University, El Paso, Texas
2012 NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
2016 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill
2023 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1995–February 1996, Laboratory and Research Technician, Biology Department, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. February 1996–February 1997, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Student Pilot, T-37 and T-38A, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
3. March 1997–June 1997, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals Student Pilot, T-38A, Columbus AFB, Miss.
4. June 1997–January 1998, Formal Training Unit Student Pilot, F-15C, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. January 1998–February 2001, F-15C Instructor Pilot, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
6. February 2001–October 2004, F-15C FTU Instructor Pilot, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. October 2004–July 2006, F-22 FTU Instructor Pilot, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. July 2006–February 2009, F-22 Instructor Pilot, F-22A Demonstration Pilot, Langley AFB, Va.
9. February 2009–February 2010, Chief, Air Combat Command Senior Leader Management, Langley AFB, Va.
10. February 2010–May 2011, F-22 Evaluator and Operations Officer, 525th Fighter Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
11. May 2011–June 2012, F-22 Evaluator and Commander, 525th FS, JB Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
12. June 2012–February 2013, Student, NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
13. February 2013–June 2015, Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff/Deputy Chief Europe Division (J5/8), U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany
14. June 2015–April 2017, Vice Commander, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
15. April 2017–June 2019, Commander, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
16. June 2019–July 2020, Chief, Strategic Planning and Integration Division, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. July 2020–May 2021, Special Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command/US Northern Command, and then Deputy Director for Operations, USNORTHCOM J3, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. May 2021–June 2023, Commandant of Cadets, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
19. July 2023–present, Chief of Staff, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe – Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. February 2013–June 2015, Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff/Deputy Chief Europe Division (J5/8), U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany, as a lieutenant colonel
2. July 2020–May 2021, Special Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S. Northern Command, and then Deputy Director for Operations, USNORTHCOM J3, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., as a colonel and brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,600 including more than 250 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-38C, F-15C/D, F-22, F-35A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with oak leaf cluster
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
(Current as of July 2023)