Brig. Gen. Glenn T. Harris is the Deputy Director of Global Operations, United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. As Deputy Director, he serves as the command lead for nuclear operations and is responsible for the day–to–day readiness of U.S. nuclear command and control and strategic deterrent forces. He is also responsible for synchronizing component, joint and coalition operations, and directing assigned forces to achieve USSTRATCOM and national objectives.
Brig. Gen. Harris received his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy in May 1995. He has been a squadron commander, the vice commander of the Air Force Inspection Agency, and the 91st Missile Wing Commander at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. Prior to his current position, Brig. Gen Harris was the executive officer to the Commander, United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
1995 Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Central Michigan University
2000 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Certificate in Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air Force Fellow–Sandia National Laboratories Technology Fellowship, Sandia National Laboratories, N.M.
2009 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Master’s degree in National Security Studies, National War College, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. July 1995–January 1996, Student, Undergraduate Space/Missile Training and Initial Qualification Training Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Operations, 381st Training Group, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. February 1996–July 2000, Senior Instructor Crew Commander, Chief Operations Simulator Training, Commander Evaluator, Deputy Evaluator, 91st Space Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. July 2000–June 2002, Chief of Twentieth Air Force Training, Chief of Operations Training, 20th Air Force, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
4. June 2002–June 2003, Student, Air Force Intern, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
5. June 2003–July 2006, Assistant Director of Operations, Current Operations Flight Commander, Range Operations Commander, 2d Range Operations Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
6. July 2006–July 2007, Student, Air Force Fellow-Sandia National Laboratories Technology Fellowship, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, N.M.
7. August 2007–May 2010, Chief of ICBM Employment Analysis, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. June 2010–June 2012, Commander, 90th Operations Support Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
9. July 2012–June 2013, Director, Commander’s Action Group, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
10. July 2013–June 2014, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2014–January 2015, Deputy Chief, Nuclear Surety Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
12. February 2015–July 2016, Chief, Nuclear Surety Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
13. July 2016–July 2018, Vice Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. July 2018–July 2020, Commander, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
15. July 2020–July 2021, Executive Officer to the Commander, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
16. July 2021–present, Deputy Director of Global Operations, Headquarters, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2014–July 2016, Deputy Chief and Chief Nuclear Surety Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va., as a lieutenant colonel and colonel
2. July 2020–July 2021, Executive Officer to the Commander, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with “N” Device and three oak leaf clusters
Badges: Master Missile Operations Badge and Command Space Badge
Systems: Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile System and Range Operations
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major Sept. 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel April 1, 2016
Brigadier General June 2, 2022
(Current as of July 2021)