Allison DeVito, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director, Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. She is responsible for organizing, coordinating and resourcing the Legislative Liaison Directorate. She develops and executes the Department of the Air Force legislative program, and ensures the Department provides a consistent and cohesive message through congressional engagements, inquiries and correspondence. She works with members of Congress, congressional staffs and senior Department leaders on legislative issues that affect Air Force and Space Force programs, policies and weapon systems. She prepares senior Department leaders for congressional hearings, providing critical oversight of the legislative process of Department nominations requiring Senate confirmation.
Ms. DeVito previously served as Associate General Counsel in the Office of the General Counsel. She is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and received her Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law. Ms. DeVito served nearly 9 years on active duty in the Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps before switching to the Air Force Reserve.
2003 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, magna cum laude, University of Notre Dame, Ind.
2006 Juris Doctor, Fordham University School of Law, New York, N.Y.
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. 2006–2007, Law Clerk, Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunals for Rwanda and the Former Yugoslavia, The Hague, The Netherlands
2. 2007–2008, Legislative Assistant, Congresswoman Betty Sutton, Washington, D.C.
3. December 2008–August 2010, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate (Chief of Legal Assistance, Adverse Actions, and Military Justice), 56th Fighter Wing, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
4. September 2010–July 2012, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, Air Force Research Lab, Information Directorate, Rome Laboratory, N.Y. (December 2011–June 2012, Deployed Rule of Law Field Support Officer, Forward Operating Base Joyce, Afghanistan)
5. August 2012–July 2015, Chief, Joint Service Policy and Legislation and Chief, Victim Issues and Policy Branch, Military Justice Division, Air Force Legal Operations Agency, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
6. August 2015–August 2017, Counsel, Office of the Air Force General Counsel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. September 2017–May 2020, Reserve Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 11th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
8. October 2017–May 2021, Associate General Counsel, Office of the General Counsel, Department of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. June 2020–June 2021, Reserve Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Staff Judge Advocate, 352nd Special Operations Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
10. June 2021–present, Deputy Director, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2013 Air Force General Counsel’s Award
2014 Department of Justice Federal Service Award (Air Force Special Victims’ Counsel Program)
2015-2016 American Bar Association Outstanding Young Military Service Lawyer Award
(Current as of August 2021)