Mr. Mark S. Teskey, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for the management and operations of the Air Force Personnel Council, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records, Air Force Civilian Appellate Review Office, Air Force Security Protection Directorate and the Department of Defense Physical Disability Board of Review.
Mr. Teskey entered ROTC at Clemson University and was commissioned upon graduation in 1986. He entered the Educational Delay program, attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, and was accepted into the Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps in 1989. Prior to his current position, he was the Director of Air Force Small Business Programs. He served as a civil servant in the Department of the Interior as the Associate Solicitor for General Law and as the Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization.
Mr. Teskey served more than 23 years in the Air Force JAG Corps specializing in Government Acquisition Law and National Security issues prior to joining the Department of the Interior. His final active duty assignment was as the Director of Commercial Law and Litigation for the Air Force, building a worldwide organization to represent Air Force acquisition law and litigation interests from an enterprise perspective in the acquisition law, litigation and personnel policy areas. He served in a wide variety of base and headquarters level leadership positions. He assumed his current position in December 2016.
1986 Bachelor of Arts, Clemson University, S.C.
1988 Juris Doctor, University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia
1999 Master of Law, Public Contract Law Specialty, The Army Judge Advocate General’s School
2000 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
1. October 1989 – August 1992, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
2. August 1992 – September 1994, Acquisition Attorney, Air Force Materiel Command Law Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. September 1994 – August 1998, Chief Counsel DoD Health Services Region IV, Keesler AFB, Miss.
4. August 1998 – May 1999, Graduate Law Student, The Judge Advocate General’s School of the Army, Charlottesville, Va.
5. June 1999 – June 2000, Trial Attorney, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Commercial Litigation Division, Arlington, Va.
6. June 2000 – June 2001, Executive to the Commander, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Bolling AFB, D.C.
7. June 2001 – June 2004, Staff Judge Advocate, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
8. July 2004 – July 2005, Staff Judge Advocate, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar.
9. August 2005 – June 2007, Staff Judge Advocate, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
10. June 2007 – August 2008, Staff Judge Advocate, Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver
11. August 2008 – July 2010, Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Andrews AFB, Md.
12. July 2010 – October 2012, Director, Commercial Law and Litigation, Air Force/JAQ, Arlington, Va.
13. November 2012 – November 2013, Associate Solicitor for General Law, Office of the Solicitor, the Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
14. November 2013 – April 2014, Director , Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Office of the Secretary, The Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C.
15. April 2014 – March 2017, Director, Air Force Small Business Programs, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. December 2016 - Present, Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Court of Federal Claims
United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Supreme Court of South Carolina
(Current as of April 2017)