Lynne E. Baldrighi, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Principal Deputy Director, Studies, Analyses and Assessments, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She is responsible for the development of Air Force-wide policy and guidance that ensures defendable studies, analyses, and assessments that support Air Force leadership decisions to enhance current and future warfighting capabilities.
Ms. Baldrighi was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in December 2011 as Director, Human Resource Strategic Programs under the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Personnel and Readiness, Civilian Personnel Policy. In this role, she was responsible for policy development and management of programs in civilian senior executive management, leadership, learning and development, strategic human capital planning, and recruiting for 760,000 Department of Defense civilians. Prior to that, Ms. Baldrighi served as a foreign policy analyst in the Joint Staff, Plans and Policy Directorate (J5), Deputy Director for Middle East, Iran Levant Division where she prepared the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for interagency decisions on Iran economic sanctions.
Ms. Baldrighi is a retired Air Force colonel and received her commission through the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. While on active duty, she worked a range of issues including Air Force force development, designing and implementing the Senior Executive Service pay for performance system, Air Force planning and programming, Pacific Air Forces Program Objective Memorandum builds, Air Force strategic planning, U.S. Strategic Command force structure analysis, intelligence analysis, and twice as an executive officer.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
1990 Masters of Science in Technology Management, University of Maryland, University College
1995 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2000 Air War College, by correspondence
2004 Leader Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, North Carolina
2007 Enterprise Leader Seminar, University of North Carolina
2007 Alan L. Freed Associates Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan, The Arc of Crisis and U.S. Nation Interests, Washington D.C.
2011 Alan L. Freed Associates Seminars (Middle East, Africa, China & East Asia), Washington D.C.
2012 APEX Senior Executive Orientation Program, Washington D.C.
1. June 1983 - November 1985, Electronic Warfare Data Base Administrator, Air Force Electronic Warfare Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
2. December 1985 - January 1990, Cryptanalytic Mathematician, later Executive Officer, 6940th Electronic Security Wing; Operations Research Analyst, National Security Agency, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
3. February 1990 - June 1992, Chief, Strategic Target Analysis Branch, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. July 1992 - May 1995, Senior Force Analyst, Plans and Programs, United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. June 1995 - May 1997, Chief, Air Force Modernization Branch, later Chief, Assessments and Evaluations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. June 1997 - October 1998, Chief, Nuclear and Counterproliferation Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. November 1998 - July 1999, Executive Officer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. August 1999 - June 2002, Chief, Programming Branch, Plans and Programs, later Chief, Programs and Forces Branch, Bases and Units Branch, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces Command, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
9. July 2002 - March 2004, Chief, Corporate Structure Branch, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. April 2004 - November 2005
, Chief, Plans and Analysis Division, Air Force Senior Leader Management Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. November 2005 - February 2008, Chief, Force Development Integration Division, later Chief, Airman Competency Management Division, Force Development Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. September 2008 - February 2011, Director of Staff, Directorate of Studies & Analyses, Assessments, and Lessons Learned, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. January 2011 - December 2011, Foreign Policy Analyst, Plans and Policy Directorate, Deputy Director for Middle East, Iran Levant Division, Washington, D.C.
14. December 2011- December 2014, Executive Director, Human Resources Strategic Programs Advisory Service, Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service, Office of the Under Secretary for Personnel and Readiness, Washington, D.C.
15. December 2014 - present, Principal Deputy Director, Studies, Analyses and Assessments, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Award for Meritorious Civilian Service
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Service Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Organization Excellence Award with seven oak leaf clusters
(Current as of March 2015)