RICARDO A. AGUILERA
PRINT | E-MAIL
Ricardo A. Aguilera is the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller. As the Air Force's comptroller and chief financial officer, he serves as the principal adviser to the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Air Force on all financial matters. He is responsible for providing the financial management and analytical services necessary for the effective and efficient use of Air Force resources, to include nearly 700,000 military and civilian personnel and a budget of about $167 billion. This includes directing the development of the Air Force program and budget, overseeing the Air Force Cost Analysis Agency's acquisition and operational cost analysis, providing analytical services necessary for the effective and efficient use of Air Force resources and conducting Air Force accounting and finance operations.
From 2010 until his current appointment, Mr. Aguilera was the director of the Chief Financial Officer Academy at the National Defense University’s College. In this capacity, Mr. Aguilera helped develop curricula and lectures, and he provided administrative support to the CFO Academy.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Aguilera was promoted into the Senior Executive Service, and from 2006 until 2008 he served as the associate director for contingencies and international affairs in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) where he oversaw all funding for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. From 1998 until 2006 Mr. Aguilera was the deputy chief of the Operations and Personnel Support Branch of the Office of Management and Budget’s National Security Division.
1987 Bachelor of Arts, New York University, N.Y.
1991 Master of Arts, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1996 Graduate, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2004 Graduate, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. 1991-1993, Presidential Management Intern, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington D.C.
2. 1993-1998, Senior Evaluator, U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington D.C.
3. 1998-2006, Deputy Chief of the Operations and Personnel Support Branch, Office of Management and Budget, National Security Division,
4. 2006-2008, Associate Director for Contingencies and International Affairs in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller), the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
5. 2008-2010, Department of Defense Comptroller Chair, CFO Academy, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Budget Federal Credit Union (Vice President of the Board of the Directors 2001-2005)
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Association of Government Accountants
Certified Defense Financial Manager
(Current as of March 2016)