Elwood C. Lewis III is a member of the Senior Executive Service serving as Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He serves as fiscal advisor and counselor to the AFSC Commander and his staff in all financial and resources management matters. Mr. Lewis is responsible for establishing policy and the overall operation of programming, budgeting, accounting, disbursing, and resource analysis. He also oversees budget formulation, execution, and reporting of the Consolidated Sustainment Activity Group -- Maintenance and Supply. His directorate provides financial management and technical advisory services to all AFSC directorates, three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, and two supply chain management wings.
1993 Bachelor of Arts degrees in accounting, business management, and economics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
2003 Master of Business Administration in Operations Management, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
2007 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2010 Master of Science degree in national resource management, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. February 1994 – July 1998, Audit and Management Analyst, Naval Audit Service, various locations.
2. August 1998 – March 2002, Financial Manager and Cost Team Lead, B-1B Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
3. April 2002 – March 2004, Team Lead Budget and Execution, Material Support Division, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. April 2004 – August 2005, Branch Chief, Supply Management Activity Group, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. September 2005 – July 2009, Chief, Revolving Funds Division, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, Washington, D.C.
6. August 2009 – May 2010, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2010 – August 2010, Strategic Business Manager, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Directorate for Force Structure, Resources and Assessment, Washington, D.C.
8. September 2010 – May 2011, Director of Workforce Development and Executive Services, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2011 – March 2016, Chief Army Working Capital Funds, Deputy Chief of Staff for Resource Management, Headquarters Army Materiel Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala.
10. April 2016 – present, Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Exceptional Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award (2)
Association of the United State Army Service Award
Army Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Defense Financial Manager-Acquisition
Department of Defense Financial Management Certification, Level III
Business – Financial Management, Level III, APDP
(Current as of April 2016)