Brig. Gen. Patty Beyer, is the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Judge Advocate General, Office of the Judge Advocate General. She assists the Deputy Judge Advocate General in the professional oversight of more than 2,200 judge advocates, 350 civilian attorneys, 1,400 enlisted paralegals and 500 civilians in the Total Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps worldwide. In addition to overseeing an array of military justice, operational, international and civil law functions, Brig. Gen. Beyer provides legal advice to the Air Staff and agencies of the Department of the Air Force.
Brig. Gen. Beyer received her direct commission and joined the JAGC in 1989. She has served on AD, in the IMA program, in the Unit Program, and now, as an MA. In 09-10, she served in Iraq, as the Deputy Director of Law and Order Task Force, where she was directly involved in warranting and detention of insurgents captured by conventional & special forces units.
Brig. Gen. Beyer also holds a position as Chief of the Civil Law Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Alabama, is a member of the International Confederation of Reserve Officers, and is licensed to practice law in Il, Al, and Fl.
1984 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Alabama, Huntsville,
1988 Juris Doctor, Washington University School of Law, St Louis, Mo.
1992 Squadron Officer School, in residence
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
1. May 1989 - May 1992, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 2851 ABG/JA, Kelly Air Force Base, Texas
2. July 1992 - January 1995, Asst. Staff Judge Advocate, 436 Air Wing/JA, Dover AFB, Del.
3. January 1995 - January 1996, Asst. Staff Judge Advocate, 27 FW/JA, Cannon AFB, N.M.
4. February 1996 - April 2004, Asst. Staff Judge Advocate, 81 TRW/JA, Keesler AFB, Miss.
5. April 2004 - March 2011, Staff Judge Advocate, 403 WG/JA, Keesler AFB, Miss.
6. October 2009 - May 2010, Deputy Director, Law and Order Task Force, MNFI/US Forces-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq)
7. April 2011 - July 2013, Staff Judge Advocate, 10 AF/JA, NAS JRB, Ft. Worth, Texas
8. July 2013 - June 2014, IMA to SJA, HQ AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. June 2014 - Mar 2015, IMA to Commander, AFLOA, JBA, Md.
10. March 2015 - August 2018, MA to Commander, AFLOA, JBA, Md.
11. September 2016 - August 2018 Commander, AFLOA, JBA, Md.
12. August 2018 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Judge Advocate General.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Iraqi Campaign Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon, with Gold Border
Humanitarian Service Medal
JAA Air Force Career Services Award, Reserves
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant May 28 1989
Captain Nov. 28, 1989
Major Oct. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel August 17, 2006
Colonel April 1, 2011
Brigadier General July 15, 2016
(Current as of September 2018)