Brig. Gen. Kenneth T. Bibb, Jr., serves as the Director, Air, Space and Cyberspace Operations, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible to the Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, for formulating policy, resource allocation and cyber-secure infrastructure for operations to test, field and sustain agile war-winning capabilities.
General Bibb received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1991. He has served in a wide variety of operational, leadership, and staff positions. Additionally, he has commanded units at the squadron, wing and center level, most recently serving as the Commander, 618th Air Operations Center, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
General Bibb is a command pilot with more than 5,000 hours in airlift, tanker and trainer aircraft.
1991 Bachelor of Science, mechanical engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Masters of Science, aeronautical engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2012 Senior Course, NATO Defense College, Rome
2013 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Va.
2014 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, JPME Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2016 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2017 CAPSTONE General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 Joint Forces Air Component Commanders Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1991 - December 1992, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. December 1992 - May 1996, C-12F Pilot, Instructor, and Flight Examiner, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
3. May 1996 - August 1999, C-5 Flight Examiner and Group Executive Officer, 22d Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. August 1999 - August 2003, C-5 CCTS Flight Examiner, Wing Executive Officer, and Chief, Standards/Evaluation, 56th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. August 2003 - September 2004, IDE Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. September 2004 - April 2006, Current Operations Action Officer and Chief, CSAF Briefing Team, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. April 2006 - November 2009, Operations Officer and later Commander, 9th Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. November 2009 - January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Joint Staff (J-5), Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. January 2012 - July 2012, SDE student, NATO Defense College, Rome
10. July 2012 - June 2013, Vice Commander, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. June 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, England
12. June 2015 - July 2018, Vice Commander and later Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
13. July 2018 - present, Director, Air Space and Cyberspace Operations, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
November 2009 - January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., as a colonel
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 5,000; Combat hours: 300
Aircraft flown: C-5, C-12, C-17, C-21, T-37, T-38, and KC-135
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major March 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2006
Colonel October 1, 2010
Brigadier General August 2, 2016
(Current as of October 2018)