Maj. Gen. Kenneth T. Bibb, Jr., serves as the Director of Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible for command-wide strategic planning, programming, enterprise analyses, wargaming, and operational requirements. He governs the Program Objective Memorandum process for AFMC, Agile Combat Support (ACS) requirements, and the Weapons Systems Sustainment components worth more than $40 billion.
Maj. Gen. Bibb’s additional responsibilities include leading capabilities development, special programs, strategic basing, transformational activities, integrated life cycle management policies and processes, and acquisition workforce development for the command. Prior to his current assignment, Mag. Gen. Bibb served as the Director, Air, Space and Cyberspace Operations, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, where he was responsible for formulating policy, resource allocation and cyber-secure infrastructure for operations to test, field and sustain agile war-winning capabilities.
Maj. Gen. Bibb received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1991. He has served in a wide variety of operational, leadership, and staff positions. Additionally, he has commanded units at the squadron, wing and center level.
Maj. Gen. Bibb is a command pilot with more than 5,000 hours in airlift, tanker and trainer aircraft.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, by correspondence
2004 Masters of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2007 Air War College, Montgomry, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Senior Course, NATO Defense College, Rome
2013 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2014 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2016 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 Joint Forces Air Component Commanders Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Senior Joint Information Operations Applications Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1991-December 1992, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. December 1992-May 1996, C-12F Pilot, Instructor, and Flight Examiner, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Ark.
3. May 1996-August 1999, C-5 Flight Examiner and Group Executive Officer, 22d Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. August 1999-August 2003, C-5 CCTS Flight Examiner, Wing Executive Officer, and Chief, Standards and Evaluation, 56th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. August 2003-September 2004, Student, Intermediate Developmental Education, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. September 2004-April 2006, Current Operations Action Officer and Chief, Air Force Chief of Staff Briefing Team, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. April 2006-November 2009, Operations Officer and later Commander, 9th Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. November 2009-January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Joint Staff
(J-5), Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. January 2012-July 2012, Student, Senior Developmental Education, NATO Defense College, Rome
10. July 2012-June 2013, Vice Commander, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. June 2013-June 2015, Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
12. June 2015-July 2018, Vice Commander and later Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
13. July 2018-present, Director, Air Space and Cyberspace Operations, and later Director, Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
November 2009-January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., as a colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: 5,000; combat hours: 300
Aircraft flown: C-5, C-12, C-17, C-21, T-37, T-38, and KC-135
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major March 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2016
Major General Oct. 2, 2019
(Current as of October 2019)